Alicia Straub on the Issues:
- Voted for and strong supporter of Value Them Both (pro-life constitutional amendment allowing basic regulations to be placed on the abortion industry).
- Consistently voted against Medicaid expansion – ensuring that it cannot be used as a funding stream for abortions.
- Strong supporter of our God-given religious freedoms.
Mary Jo Taylor (opponent) on the Issues:
- Voted for Medicaid expansion, despite knowing that without the Value Them Both amendment, expansion will become a funding stream for taxpayer funded abortion.
- Co-sponsor of the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity bill, which has been used across the country to target people of faith and to require girls to surrender their privacy in intimate spaces.