It’s that time of year. In days, the 2019 legislative session will begin, and the ability to advance the vision of a Georgia where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive, and life is cherished begins in earnest.
I’ll be wearing out shoes racing between meetings and working to build the coalitions needed to pass legislation that will make our state better for families. Because of your efforts, we have already made a difference in electing the personnel and shaping the policy that will be at the heart of this session.
But now I am asking that you join me in earnest prayer. Success requires the mighty work of our Lord, and, over the next 3 months, I am calling for faithful Georgians to pray all-the-more for our state. Here are some requests:
- Join us in prayer for all of our Georgia elected officials to have a genuine heart for public service and that the Lord will use their time in office to draw them closer to Himself.
- As Brian Kemp and Geoff Duncan take the lead for our state, pray for their families. Both are great examples as husbands and fathers, and please join us in lifting up the families that are sacrificing so much to allow them to serve. Having pledged to stand for life, religious freedom, and school choice, much hostility from opponents has and will be directed their way, and we pray the Lord will sustain, encourage, and bless them throughout their time in office.
- We are working on some great legislation this session. Please pray for wisdom for our team, that we are winsome and successful, and that our legislation ultimately is signed into law. Pray also for our bill sponsors- that they would be encouraged and blessed for their partnership with us and boldness for Georgia families.
- Please pray that the Lord will soften hearts and change minds. There are those who do not want to see us succeed on key items on our agenda. The Lord must do a mighty work here!
- Finally, please pray that our efforts glorify our King- that we are salt and light, that we conduct ourselves in Christ-honoring manner, and that we win people over to the Kingdom. While, yes, we are a political organization aimed at “winning” in elections and policy, we are first and foremost a ministry that desires to bring honor and praise to the Living King!
Over the course of this legislative session, I will send you regular updates about the bills we are promoting and how you can get involved. However, as we begin this session, I humbly ask that you commit to bathing these efforts in prayer.
President and Executive Director