For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” –Jeremiah 29:11
Less than three months ago, I left my job with the State of New Mexico to accept the Executive Director position with Family Policy Alliance of New Mexico. And the reason I did so was because I truly felt the Lord’s calling to pursue the vision of our organization – a state where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive, and life is cherished.
So, what’s happened since the launch in October? More important, where are we headed?
I am glad you asked! Since October 1st, we have been working hard to create a grassroots movement of like-minded New Mexicans committed to changing our state for the good. I have personally spent much of my time visiting with pastors, business owners, and legislators, discussing our efforts, as well as the need for more engagement from the faith community. Thankfully, the response has been overwhelmingly positive and I am excited to begin a new year together!
In 2018, we will continue our work to advance Biblical citizenship so we can begin the process of turning our vision into a reality! We will do this by:
- Working alongside our state-based allies to advance the causes and values that matter most for our families;
- Equipping local leaders with the training, resources, and community they need to live out their calling to public service;
- Engaging with people of all backgrounds and beliefs through respectful, truthful conversation; and
- Helping people like you understand the tremendous rights, responsibilities, influence, and opportunities you have to make a difference.
So, for the final time this year, I am going to personally ask you to partner with us by doing three things.
- Please click here to make a financial gift before year’s end. Thanks to a generous matching grant provided by a local ministry partner, your gift today will be matched dollar-for-dollar through December 31st!
- Please add us to your prayer list for 2018. We fully acknowledge and embrace the reality that God’s blessing, wisdom, and guidance is needed in order for us to achieve the level of success we are hoping and praying for.
- Please tell your family members and friends about us. In spite of our best efforts to avoid “discussing politics” at the family gathering this Christmas, it will still likely happen. And when it does, please be sure to tell folks about the new organization in town working to advance Christian family values in government and culture.
As for those of you who are already doing these things, thank you from the bottom of my heart. My wife and children join me in thanking you for your support and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.
Merry Christmas and God bless you!
President and Executive Director