Welcome to 2018! Have you erred in dating any checks yet? (Does anyone write checks anymore?)
I want to extend a huge THANK YOU to those of you who contributed toward our year-end fundraising goal. We could not do this work without you. Because of your generosity, we ended 2017 on a positive note!
Have you made any New Year’s resolutions? It’s no secret that few manage to maintain their resolutions for the entire year. In fact, I recently read that 80% of resolutions don’t make it past February and 92% fail before year’s end. That’s right – only 8% of those who make New Year’s resolutions actually keep them.
Family Policy Alliance of Kansas is committed to being part of the 8%. These are our resolutions:
- We resolve to stand for the freedom of individuals, churches, and businesses to speak and act according to their faith.
- We resolve to stand for families by promoting public policy that strengthens and supports families, while opposing efforts to weaken or harm them.
- We resolve to stand for life from conception through natural death.
- We resolve to work alongside our state-based allies to advance the causes and values that matter most to you.
- We resolve to equip local leaders with the training, resources, and community they need to live out their calling to public service.
- We resolve to engage with people of all backgrounds and beliefs through respectful, truthful dialogue.
- We resolve to help people like you understand the tremendous rights, responsibilities, influence, and opportunities you have to make a difference in our state.
- We resolve to serve as dependable, honest resource to help keep you informed about current events and public policy issues impacting religious freedom, families, and life.
Will you resolve to do at least one thing for us this year? Will you pray for us? This year will be full of both opportunities and threats. Your prayers are coveted. We sincerely believe that together, and with God’s blessing, 2018 can be a year in which we move the ball forward for a Kansas where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive, and life is cherished!
Thank you for your support and best wishes for a joy-filled and prosperous new year!
President and Executive Director