“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” (ESV, Ephesians 3:20-21)
On behalf of Family Policy Alliance of New Mexico, I want to wish you a Happy New Year! I also want to extend a huge THANK YOU to those of you who contributed toward our year-end fundraising goal. We could not do this without you, and thanks to your generosity, we ended 2017 on a positive note!
As we begin 2018, people across the nation will commence their New Year’s resolutions, meaning your local gym will be extremely busy – at least for a few weeks. It’s no secret that few of us manage to maintain our resolutions for the entire year. In fact, I recently read that 80% of resolutions don’t make it past February and 92% fail before year’s end. That’s right – only 8% of those who make New Year’s resolutions actually keep them.
Well, the good news is that Family Policy Alliance of New Mexico is committed to being part of the 8%, and, as we commence a new year, we are proud to share these eight resolutions for 2018 with you:
- We resolve to stand for the freedom of individuals, churches, and businesses to speak and act according to their faith.
- We resolve to stand for families by promoting public policy that strengthens and supports families, while opposing efforts to weaken or harm them.
- We resolve to stand for life from conception through natural death.
- We resolve to work alongside our state-based allies to advance the causes and values that matter most to you.
- We resolve to equip local leaders with the training, resources, and community they need to live out their calling to public service.
- We resolve to engage with people of all backgrounds and beliefs through respectful, truthful dialogue.
- We resolve to help people like you understand the tremendous rights, responsibilities, influence, and opportunities you have to make a difference in our state.
- We resolve to serve as dependable, honest resource to help keep you informed about current events and public policy issues impacting religious freedom, families, and life.
As for you – we would respectfully ask you to resolve to do at least one thing for us this year, and that is to PRAY FOR US! This year will be full of both opportunities and threats when it comes to our work and efforts; therefore, your prayers are both coveted and greatly appreciated. We sincerely believe that together, and with God’s blessing, 2018 can be a year in which we move the ball forward for a New Mexico where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive, and life is cherished!
Thank you for your support and best wishes for a joy-filled and prosperous new year!
In the Lord’s service,
President and Executive Director