Abortion in America:
- 45 years – 60 million abortions.
- 2016 – 321,384 abortions, $543.7 in Medicaid and the federal Title X Family Planning Program tax dollars.
- If Planned Parenthood had performed abortions non-stop 24-hours-a-day for the full year, they would have needed to abort approximately 37 babies every hour–or one every 98 seconds–to reach 321,384 abortions for the year.
- The 2016 Idaho Health and Welfare Vital Statistics Report indicated that girls as young as 10-14 had abortions. Babies as far along in gestation as 25 weeks or more have experienced the horror of being aborted in Idaho.
- A telling part of the report is that in 2016, medical, non-surgical abortion (the abortion pill or RU-486) comprise 45.1% of all abortions in Idaho – an 8% increase in 3 years.
RU-486 is very often a lonely, painful, frightening process for a woman as she experiences her baby’s death over the course of days.
Regardless of why a woman aborts her unborn child, she is affected in one way or another. The Journal of American Physicians & Surgeons recently published a study titled “Women Who Suffered Emotionally From Abortion: A Qualitative Synthesis of Their Experiences.” Some of their findings are:
- 32% of women said there were no significant positives in their abortion.
- 5% visited a mental health provider following their first abortion.
- The study concludes: “Even in an ideal environment wherein women receive adequate counseling, are offered support to continue their pregnancies, and do not present with established risk factors, it is still possible to be blindsided by an abortion and suffer ill effects due to the inherent complexity of abortion.”
While the violence of abortion has been the most proficient human rights violation in our country, the ongoing battle to end this barbaric practice has been the most enduring, prolific effort to protect human rights.
For decades we have fought alongside our pro-life brothers and sisters in Idaho to protect preborn babies and their moms.
Together we have worked on some very effective pro-life policies: Idaho Parental Consent for Minor Abortion, Informed Consent For Women, Unborn Victims of Violence Act, Women’s Right to View Ultrasound, Fetal Pain Ban, Webcam Abortion Ban, and others.
Unfortunately, some of these policies have met their demise in liberal federal courts.
All that means is that we…you and I…must always vote for life and be aware of whom we elect to the powerful position of choosing our judges!
Stand for life we have! Stand for life we will! Stand for life we must!
This year we will join our pro-life partners to fight to defund Planned Parenthood and to provide women with life-saving information to reverse the effects of RU-486.
The tide is turning in the battle for life. The move is a slow one, but good signs are on the horizon. The humanity of the preborn child is inescapable.
Please commit to weigh in when we ask you to contact your legislator on these pro-life policy battles. Your voice is critical. Together we can protect unborn babies and their moms from the corporate abortion machine. Together, we can love them both.
Join us in Boise for The Idaho March For Life this Saturday, Jan. 20th. We will leave the Gene Harris Bandshell at Julia Davis Park at 1:00 pm and arrive at the steps of the Idaho State Capitol building for a rally! See you there!