Early in my career, I worked for the fundraising division of a large nonprofit. I learned many things, but one key concept that has always stuck with me is being a faithful steward. It should be at the heart of every nonprofit.
How Family Policy Alliance of North Dakota® stewards its resources reflects our commitment to transparency, integrity and accountability. The following commitments underscore much of our stewardship philosophy.
- This ministry belongs to God. We are simply stewards of all He provides (1 Cor. 4:1-2).
- We are governed by a professional Board of Directors disclosed to the public.
- We will focus resources faithfully on the mission to which He has called us and honor the restrictions or designations you place upon your gifts.
- We are a debt-free ministry. We will not spend more than the Lord provides, and we will do all we can to maintain adequate reserves to weather times of economic uncertainty.
- We will operate this ministry in compliance with all laws—as long as they comport with God’s law.
- We will operate transparently. As a faithful ministry partner, you have the right to review our financial disclosures and have access to your giving records at any time.
- We will not use pressure or resort to disrespectful or dishonorable fundraising practices.
- We believe every Christian is called to financially support their local church first. We are grateful for your sacrificial support after that obligation is met.
- We will acknowledge and/or receipt your generous gifts in a timely manner.
- You are a partner in this ministry, and we will work to earn and increase your trust.
Stewardship, for all its importance, is only relevant if we receive your financial support. Our work takes resources and we underwrite 100% of our ministry though your charitable contributions. That’s why I’m asking you to prayerfully consider helping us fund our work by donating on Giving Hearts Day. The good news is that your donation will be stretched even further! Thanks to Giving Hearts Days, we have matching dollars that allow us to DOUBLE your giving!
To give on Feb. 13, simply visit GivingHeartsDay.org and type in “Family Policy Foundation” to find us. We commit to you that we will be faithful stewards of your donations and will use your financial contributions entirely to fight the good fight for your pro-family and pro-life values.
Thank you for your generous support and trust!
President and Executive Director