It’s Giving Tuesday! This global day of giving normally occurs after Thanksgiving—but as we all know, this year has been far from “normal,” so Giving Tuesday is happening now.
COVID-19 shuttered family businesses and even barred children from going to school. But the push to expand abortions, threats to religious freedom, and the exploitation of the porn industry have not stopped. And, in many cases, the threats have taken on a viral-like quality themselves—becoming more virtual and creeping unseen into nearly every home.
The abortion industry is pushing for virtual abortions so that a woman never even has to enter a clinic to be examined—she can visit with an abortionist via webcam and receive abortion pills by mail from home. Churches are not meeting to help stop the spread of the virus, yet many are facing discrimination from state government officials using the virus as a convenient excuse to quarantine religious freedom. The porn industry is hoping to move into every home during the shutdown by increasing access to its content, and Planned Parenthood has even created a “chatbot” where teens can text their sex and relationship questions from home—and receive answers without a parent being involved.
In other words, Planned Parenthood and Big Pornography are working hard to quietly enter your home through every device—while church buildings mostly remain closed.
Family is at the very heart of Family Policy Alliance. That is why we stand ready to alert the family of believers when these threats arise—and equip them to take action!
But it is your voice, your prayers and your support that empower every action taken to protect life, families and your values.
Here’s a sample of what your support made possible just in the last few weeks, even in the midst of COVID-19:
- Standing against the abortion industry during COVID-19: While the abortion lobby has pushed to skirt the rules on telehealth abortions (“telabortions,” or abortions done without a woman ever even setting foot in a clinic), we’ve been fighting back. Family Policy Alliance has spearheaded multiple letters to federal officials that affirm important safeguards to protect women. We’ve also exposed Planned Parenthood for asking for donations of valuable medical supplies like masks and defying state shutdown orders
- Speaking out against pornography: The pornography industry has a track record of abuse, including illegal material that exploits children. We’ve gathered thousands of signatures on a petition to U.S. Attorney General Barr, asking him to investigate and prosecute obscenity.
- Defending religious freedom: We’ve supported churches in multiple states when government leaders have ignored or even harmed their religious freedom rights in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, equipping pastors and their congregations to work well with government leaders for the good of their communities—and calling out government leaders when they took actions that unfairly burdened churches.
- Protecting girls’ sports: In Idaho, we helped pass a groundbreaking law that protects fairness in girls’ sports by ensuring only biological girls play in sports meant for girls. The ACLU has challenged the requirement, and we’re working to ensure the state robustly defends this important law—so that other states can follow Idaho’s lead.
- Empowering parents to take action: We’re rallying New Jersey parents to take action against curriculum that promotes a radical sexual ideology to children. We’re sharing materials and opportunities for these parents to make a difference in their communities.
- Promoting parental rights: In some states, hospitals can order the end of life-sustaining treatment for minors without parental knowledge or consent. We wrote a law that prevents this tragedy in Idaho, and we’re working toward similar laws in other states.
None of this would be possible without your partnership. Here at Family Policy Alliance, we rely on the sacrificial gifts and prayers of our ministry partners. That’s why I hope you’ll give a generous gift on #GivingTuesdayNow today – to protect your family and your faith from the increased threats caused by COVID-19.
Vice President of Strategy