The 2020 election is over — well, almost. As of this email, we still have some federal races that are “too close to call,” but we do have results in nearly every federal and state race.
- With the election of Cynthia Lummis, Wyoming is sending our first lady to serve in the United States Senate. Family Policy Alliance of Wyoming was blessed to endorse Cynthia and looks forward the solid work she will do for our state.
- In the US House of Representatives, Liz Cheney handily won reelection. We were honored to endorse Ms. Cheney because of her strong advocacy for Life, Religious Freedom, and for Wyoming Families.
- Every endorsed candidate for the Wyoming Legislature won their races! Some of the races unseated incumbents and relaced them with people who will stand for historic Christian values in districts for the first time in decades!
- In the Wyoming Senate, 5 Senate candidates received our endorsement. Dan Dockstader (SD 16), Brian Boner (SD 2), Dave Kinskey (SD 22), Tim Salazar (SD 26), and John Kolb (SD 12). All five won their races!
- In the Wyoming House of Representatives,9 candidates received our endorsement, and all were successful: Chip Neiman (HD 1), Clarence Styvar (HD 12), Bill Henderson (HD 41), John Winter (HD 28), Jared Olsen (HD 11), Don Burkhardt (HD 15), Rachel Rodriguez-Williams (HD 50), Timothy Hallinan (HD 32), and Chuck Gray (HD 57).
Other Election News:
Nationally, Democrats will likely maintain control of the U.S. House of Representatives, although with a smaller majority than they held over the last two years. Republicans appear poised to hold their slim majority in the U.S. Senate.
So where do we go from here?
Winning an election is not an end, it is the beginning! Now, is the time when our work as a public policy organization really begins. The political climate in Wyoming has always worked against us and the challenges ahead are real. However, with your continued prayers and support, and the good Lord’s blessing, we will continue our work to defend the unborn, strengthen the family, and preserve religious freedom for all.
The election may be over, but we are just getting started!
God bless you and thank you for making our successes possible!