Let’s do it all over again next year
Last year, the worship leader at my home church made a minor mistake as he encouraged the attendees to sing. It was Sunday, Dec 29, 2019. In the excitement of seeing friends following a traditional Christmas week (remember those?) and exhorting people to look forward to the year ahead, he misspoke, “Are you ready to leave 2020 behind and step into what God has for you next year?”
He quickly realized his gaffe. The congregation smiled and chuckled with grace. He had the years mixed up. At that moment, we were leaving behind 2019 and entering 2020.
But then again…
Maybe he was on to something.
2020 was a year that for many was the most challenging and confusing year one could imagine or experience. It’s a year that many are ready to leave behind! Yet, at Family Policy Alliance of New Jersey, we adjusted our sails to accomplish our goals as we navigated an uncharted course.
Because of your support this year, we were able to serve the Body of Christ in different spheres of society.
- Hosted multiple statewide leadership video calls with pastors and state legislators.
- Hosted a pastor briefing on the topics of recreational marijuana, parental rights in education, and how to incorporate pro-life sermons in the local church.
- Brought together clergy to insist that Governor Murphy must always recognize the essential nature of the church.
- Ministered in churches and conferences across the state on the Biblical mandate for Christians to be engaged in civil affairs and human government.
- Developed educational resources for parents and legislators regarding Garden State Equality’s dangerous indoctrination curriculum.
- Mobilized and trained dozens of parent leaders to serve as legislative district captains. These motivated parents organize their personal networks to communicate with elected officials about policy positions.
- Acquired over 10,000 signatures on our petition to allow parents to opt their child out of sexual and gender identity lessons.
- Helped over 700 people use our Action Center to personally contact the Department of Education about dangerous sex education requirements.
- Contacted over 50,000 unique voters through direct mail and digital ads to support pro-life candidates in tight statewide and federal election races.
- Worked with pro-family legislators to introduce two bills in the state legislature that would honor parental rights. These bills would help parents to protect their children from the harmful and unbiblical sexual ideology being imposed upon them at school.
- Worked with allied pro-life organizations to organize frequent protests to oppose the New Jersey License to Kill Act (so-called Reproductive Freedom Act) and to educate legislators on the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
- Testified in several health and education committee hearings regarding parental rights.
Without question, this was not the year any of us expected – but thanks to your help and the goodness of God, we were able to continue protecting families and our values throughout our state. Now think of what we can do together in 2021 to make New Jersey a state where God is honored, religious liberty flourishes, families thrive, and life is cherished.
Let’s do it all over again next year!
Director of Advocacy