Before I get to the legislative update, let me remind you about the March for Life event at the Capitol tomorrow. As I mentioned last week, the University of Mary is hosting a March for Life event at the State Capitol on Friday, with Family Policy Alliance of North Dakota being a partnering organization for this event.
There will be a rally at the Capitol steps from 12:30 pm-1:00 pm, including a short program and a moment of silence in recognition of all the lives lost to abortion since Roe v. Wade. You can find out more about this event here.
So now, on to the legislative update. What have we been doing on your behalf in the legislature? Here is a list of the most important things we did this past week.
- Submitted written testimony and/or testified in person on bills having to do with:
- Ensuring fairness in women’s sports
- Reimbursing parents for COVID-related expenses associated with home education
- Providing tax credits for private schooling families and those who school their children at home
- Guaranteeing freedom of religious assembly (spurred by COVID situation)
- Allowing a state income tax deduction for COVID relief payments
- Establishing an Education Empowerment Program to help parents fund the additional educational needs of private and public-school students
- Preventing sports betting in North Dakota
- Worked with legislators on crafting additional pro-family bills
- Helped find sponsors and cosponsors for important bills
- Lobbied one-on-one to legislators about key bills
- Gathered information and decided on positions regarding upcoming bills
- Reviewed and identified new bills just introduced that could affect pro-life and pro-family values
- Helped mobilize all of you to exercise your biblical citizenship and email legislators about key bills through our Action Alert system
- Coordinated with likeminded organizations on how to strategically support/oppose particular bills
- Helped identify and mobilize individuals and organizations to testify on bills
And we are going to keep doing all these things for the next three months, until the legislative session ends. We are there, representing your values. It’s who we are and it is our mission.
If all the above work matters to you, please help us accomplish it. We are there when you can’t be, but we need the resources to do that. One important way you can support us today is by giving your financial support, allowing us to make a difference protecting and advancing your values in Bismarck. Thank you for your prayers, responses to our calls for action, and financial support. We couldn’t do this without you!
President & Executive Director