As I rode home from the Capitol last night after the Georgia General Assembly adjourned for the year, it was impossible not to think of how far we have come. Two thoughts consistently come to me:
- Our organization has, no doubt, become the preeminent force for our values in Georgia. We’re engaging on more issues, leading and innovating, finding ways to win, and providing a force for good under the Gold Dome, but…
- We still have much work to do to rise to the challenges facing our state.
In many ways, this was a highly productive legislative session. After leading the charge for 4 years, Georgia has finally passed a “Tebow Bill” – named this year “The Dexter Mosely Act” – allowing homeschoolers to participate in extracurricular activities at their local public school. More on this is a later email, but I believe this has a profound effect on educational freedom in Georgia.
Additionally, we led the way for Gracie’s Law – which bans organ transplant discrimination against those with physical and mental disabilities – and Simon’s Law (another four-year fight) – which requires a doctor to get parental consent before placing a DNR on a minor child.
We were proud to advocate for the passage of the Special Needs Scholarship (SB 47), Election Reform (SB 202), increasing the punishment for “revenge porn” (SB 78), supporting several bills aimed at ending human trafficking and protecting children from predators, and more – all of these great bills likely to become law this year.
Moreover, our Anti-Obscenity bill, Right to Visit legislation, Save Girls Sports, protections for religious freedom, and more all made progress and will resume where they left off next year.
My friends, your support for this organization has allowed us to make HUGE gains.
Yet, there is still much work to be done and there was much disappointment as the General Assembly gaveled out. That said, I’m choosing not to view these as losses – but instead “future opportunities” to strengthen our state. Legislatively, here is where I see the Lord leading us:
- Pushing back against the education and hospital lobby to ensure more educational and medical freedom for individuals and more rights for parents
- Greater protections for religious freedom
- Defending children from obscene materials in schools and from reckless medical procedures and chemicals that seek to do the impossible, “change their gender”
- Standing our ground against cancel culture bullies – like Delta, Big Tech, and the media – that aim to silence Georgia conservatives while profiting from lucrative tax breaks
- Limiting the power of the government
- Saving Girls Sports and unashamedly proclaiming truth
- Advocating for innocent human life and, ultimately, ending abortion everywhere
This journey continues next legislative session, but, now isn’t the “offseason.” Here’s just some what needs to be done in the meantime:
- Launching a Church Leader Network to equip the church to be as zealous for our faith in the public square as the Left is for theirs
- Developing engaged biblical citizens through our Biblical Citizenship Academy (click here to sign up for the Cartersville BCA on May 8)
- Purchasing software and engaging the grassroots so that we have an “army” of networked believers capable of counter-balancing the powerful education, hospital, and Chamber of Commerce lobbies
- Revamping our brand, strengthening and growing our team, and bolstering our programs (BIG news coming soon…)
- Launching research efforts, talking points, and bill writing efforts for next session
- Recruiting candidates and identifying election targets so that our state can shift in a more God-honoring direction
- Raising the funds need to combat the radical Left. Our goal is to INCREASE our annual revenue by 25% in the coming year alone! (If you’d like to help us with our growing budget, please consider donating HERE.)
We’re showing what can happen when a mission-minded, professional, strategic, and resourced organization leads the charge for our values. The results we’ve produced are transforming our state, and I’m proud to see how we’re leading the way!
But, the forces against us are strong. We are in spiritual warfare. The well-financed lobbies for hospitals, education, and international corporations are against us. The media and Big Tech are against us. Cancel culture is real. And, many who claim to be conservatives can waiver or become corrupted – making victories that should be easy either difficult or impossible.
I’m committed to having this organization be the change agent for Georgia.
Over the coming months, as alluded to, we’ll be making some big announcements and changes. Every decision we’re making is aimed specifically to strengthen our footing so that we can build on these wins yet rise to meet “future opportunities.”
Thank you for all your support in helping us reach this place! So grateful for your partnership in this battle!
For His Glory,
President and Executive Director