Now that the North Dakota legislative session has concluded, I am taking time to get out and meet with more of you, our ministry partners. I will be traveling around the state and would love to have coffee or a meal with you. That way we can get to know each other a bit better, I can recap the recent legislative session, and can hear your thoughts about things Family Policy Alliance of North Dakota should focus on. I know we are all very busy, but just a quick cup of coffee would be great. Besides, I’m pretty sure that I have now found the best coffee shops everywhere in North Dakota!
I am so thankful for each of you. I love meeting with you, because it is encouraging to hear how passionate you are for the causes we stand for here at Family Policy Alliance of North Dakota. Passion is what often keeps us going. We pray for you and for our organization to be effective – and when things get challenging, it’s our passion that encourages us to do more for God’s kingdom.
We know you share that passion, so to the extent we can encourage each other over a cup of coffee to keep that flame burning brightly, God’s kingdom is furthered. As Paul says in Galatians 6:9, “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”
Please note that in addition to meeting with all of you, we spend time working on a lot of other things between legislative sessions, such as:
- Engaging churches on policy topics
- Developing strategies for the 2022 elections
- Coordinating with other state Family Policy Councils and sharing best practices
- Monitoring local policy issues
- Organizing rallies, as needed
- Monitoring and engaging on interim legislative study topics, as appropriate
- Preparing for and holding a banquet (currently being considered again!)
- Producing scorecards on how each legislator voted on key issues (coming soon)
- Strategizing on policy issues
- Coordinating with partner organizations
- Engaging with the business community
- Speaking to various groups
- Fundraising for operations
As you can see, we are plenty busy when not in session, but we need your faithful financial support to accomplish all this. If God has blessed you with the means to contribute, we greatly appreciate your help. We’ve tried to make it easy: you can donate by simply going to our webpage and contributing with a tax deductible gift.
By God’s grace, we have been promised that His kingdom shall prevail. Let’s be part of ushering in His kingdom now in all walks of life, including politics, and may we never lose our passion for doing that.
President and Executive Director