Jane Dirks on the Issues:
- Life-long supporter of life and is committed to supporting the Value Them Both Amendment (pro-life constitutional amendment allowing basic regulations to be placed on the abortion industry).
- Dedicated to stopping Medicaid expansion from being used as a funding stream for abortions.
- Life-long supporter of expanded educational opportunities for our children.
Jan Kessinger (opponent) on the Issues:
- Deciding vote against overriding Governor Kelly’s veto of the Abortion Pill Reversal Informed Consent Bill which would have provided women hope beyond the abortion pill.
- One of four Republicans that voted against Value Them Both and was seen being congratulated by Planned Parenthood immediately after the vote.
- Voted for taxpayer funded abortions through the expansion of Medicaid.
- Voted against protecting the religious freedom of faith-based adoption providers.
- Endorsed by liberal activists groups like the Kansas National Education Association, Equality Kansas, Main Stream Coalition, and Stand Up Blue Valley.