Director, Community Alliances – Kansas
Would you be interested in an opportunity to help make a difference in public policies and elections affecting your family and religious freedom? As a public policy partner of Focus on the Family, Family Policy Alliance of Kansas is dedicated to its vision of a nation and Kansas where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished.
Family Policy Alliance of Kansas is seeking candidates for the position of Director, Community Alliances to be responsible for implementation of programs that strategically increase church and community engagement in grassroots mobilization, policy initiatives and election related objectives. The Director will develop relationships with churches and business leaders to identify activists and funding sources that can make a greater impact on public policy in Kansas.
- Take on the primary responsibility of managing alliance relationships with church leaders, political activists within the church and other para-church organizations.
- Develop activists within each church for the purpose of advancing voter’s guides, friend-raiser events, volunteerism (phone-banks, events, etc.) and Bible studies on biblical citizenship within the church.
- Work during election seasons to activate volunteer relationships to increase pro- family voters’ propensity to vote and then maintain those volunteer relationships between election seasons.
- Work with the Executive Director to convene allies for action and engage them in policy advancement or defeat, advance a particular candidate or activate their own constituencies for particular action.
- Understand relevant court decisions that may aid or impede the passage of legislation.
- A mature Christian faith and fully supportive of Family Policy Alliance’s Statement of Faith.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- A strategic aptitude and a dedication to working with teams and allies in a collaborative manner.
- Be comfortable with technology and data entry of activities in CRM systems.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter along with your resume to Kim Kentera (firstname.lastname@example.org).