In case you missed it, we want to make sure you know the top two things you can do to make a difference to protect life and liberty!
First, TODAY is the last day to tell HHS to STOP using YOUR taxpayer dollars from funding Planned Parenthood! The Biden-Harris Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has issued a proposed rule that would authorize abortion groups to receive Title X Family Planning funds. The proposal also mandates that grant recipients refer for abortions.
Please click the link and write a comment to the Department of Health and Human Services telling them that you do NOT want to fund Planned Parenthood!
Here are a few points you can pick and choose from in your comment:
- I do not want my taxpayer dollars funding abortion referrals and Planned Parenthood’s bottom line.
- HHS must remove the abortion referral requirement because it is prohibited by statute.*
- No federal grant recipients should be forced to violate their conscience by referring abortions.
- HHS should include adoption counseling, not abortion counseling, in the Title X program.
- HHS should include adoption referrals, not abortion referrals, in the Title X program.
Second, last week, the Senate Rules and Administration Committee heard S1, the so-called “For the People Act,” (better known as “The Corrupt Politicians Act”). Democrats are doing everything they can to get this bill on the Senate floor as soon as possible. Please take a minute today to urge your senators to vote NO on S1!
- S1 Bans State Voter ID Laws
S1 bans state voter ID laws and allows individuals to vote without an ID. You may need an ID to board any plane, drive a car, purchase a cell phone, buy alcohol, and pick up MLB tickets. But under S1, individuals can vote without an ID to verify their identity.
- S1 Encourages Voter Fraud
S1 prevents officials from verifying voter eligibility and imposes a criminal offense on officials who reject a voter registration application – even if the official believes the individual is ineligible to vote.
- S1 Promotes Double Voting
S1 promotes the sending of absentee ballots without verification and prevents election officials from removing ineligible voters from voter rolls. This allows dangerous double voting scenarios.
- S1 Creates a Partisan Federal Elections Commission
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is currently composed of six commissioners, no more than three of whom may be affiliated with the same political party. S1 reduces the number to five members to create a partisan commission – assigning significant power to the FEC Chair, who is appointed by the President.
You can help protect the foundations of our nation by stopping this dangerous legislation! Click here to urge your senators to stand for election integrity by OPPOSING S1!
Thanks for speaking up (and spreading the word) on these critical matters!
For life and liberty,
* If a program refers a client to abortion, it is in fact a program where abortion is considered a “family planning related service,” (as acknowledged on page 19818 of the proposed rule) and thus specifically is prohibited by statute.