BACK TO SCHOOLFOR PARENTS
A busy parent’s guide to what’s happening in your children’s classrooms and practical steps you can take to protect them.
When parents drop their children off at school they are trusting the school to look after their child’s best interest, but that is sadly not always the case.
How would you respond if you discovered your school clinic was dispensing contraceptives to your child — without informing parents? Or if a boy took a spot on your daughter’s high school soccer team because he felt like a girl? Or if you found out your six-year-old child’s teacher is reading books about gender-confused children to the whole classroom?
We’re concerned too. We read the news and receive numerous phone calls, emails, and letters from parents, grandparents, family members, and church leaders. They tell us what’s happening at their children’s schools and ask for help responding.
That’s why we’ve created this FREE resource for you.
- Discover what’s happening in schools and why you should be concerned.
- Each section covers different topics, such as how to protect your child from inappropriate or biased material in the classroom, what to do when you find offensive or explicit books in your school library, and how to guard your child’s safety in school restrooms and locker rooms.
- Learn about your rights and your children’s rights
- Suggestions about how to respectfully advocate on behalf of your child
- Guidance on how to talk with your children about sensitive and difficult subjects
- Links to additional helpful articles and resources