With the current state of affairs in our society, have you considered what the culture will look like in the next fifty, twenty, or even ten years? Will the next generation know right from wrong? Will parents be allowed to exercise their God-given rights and responsibilities? Will the church be able to speak up for biblical truths? In Colorado, the accelerating decline of Biblical values is alarming!
On June 5th and 6th, pur friends at the Truth and Liberty Coalition will host their 2020 conference at Charis Bible College to activate, network, and mobilize Christians and conservatives to turn Colorado back to God. This is an opportunity to pray together, encourage each other and most importantly to look at how we can mobilize together to advance the cause for faith, family and religious freedom.
Truth and Liberty Coalition founder Andrew Wommack will be featured along with a number of other notable speakers including James Robinson, Pastor Mark Cowart and others. Family Policy Alliance will be there to share how you can become active and help make a difference.
When: June 5th 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm and June 6th 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Where: Charis Bible College Auditorium – 800 Gospel Truth Way, Woodland Park, CO 80863
There is no cost to attend but you do need to register online. We hope you can join the Truth and Liberty Coalition and us June 5th and 6th for a time of encouragement, fellowship and action. (An optional meal ticket for lunch on June 6th is also available for purchase.)
The Family Policy Alliance Team
Earlier this year, we told you about the citizen initiative to place on the November ballot a measure to stop late-term abortions in Colorado. Thanks to the many of you who helped with that effort.
The initial submission of more than 137,000 signatures came up about 10,000 signatures short of the requirement after the removal of some signatures that didn’t qualify. However, Colorado has a “cure” period – 15 days in which organizers can gather the remaining needed signatures.
That period begins on Friday, May 15th, and your help is needed to get the last batch of signatures!
To help, go to duedatetoolate.com. There, you can request a petition to circulate. You can also submit a petition-signing location, and more.
If we all do just a little bit over the next couple of weeks, we can put this on the ballot and give Colorado voters a chance to pass this common-sense abortion restriction.
Thanks for taking action!
And it’s only going to get wilder
In Colorado, hundreds of people packed the State Capitol Wednesday to oppose a bill aimed at requiring the teaching of LGBTQ “sexual experiences” in public schools. Across the country, there was immense backlash by pro-life advocates when Virginia’s new governor, Ralph Northam, supported a late-term abortion bill and further advocated what is clear to several conservative leaders as infanticide – physician-assisted death of babies AFTER they are born.
What a wild week. But take a breath – it’s only going to get crazier. And just because you don’t live in Colorado or Virginia doesn’t mean the fight isn’t coming to your state soon. We’re seeing a well-organized campaign by abortionists and LGBTQ activists to infiltrate state legislatures to advance their harmful agendas.
The Colorado sex-ed bill would force the state’s viewpoint on sex and sexuality on every school, family, and child. It requires children to be exposed to explicit sexual content that teaches lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender sexual behaviors are a “normal” and “healthy” option for all our youth. If that isn’t enough, the state will also ban all views and content that contradict this ideology. This means sex-ed curriculums focused on only the scientific and biological aspects of sex and its consequences would be illegal. Curriculums promoting abstinence would be illegal. As we’ve seen in states like California and New Jersey, these comprehensive sex-ed bills are used to indoctrinate our children through graphic photos, language, and ideas that encourage our youth to explore their sexuality in ways most families believe are harmful and directly contradict their values.
Make no mistake: These bills masquerade as “comprehensive sexual education” bills, but they unlawfully censor foundational views of sex and sexuality, oppress parental rights, and advance a radical social agenda at the expense of our children.
Meanwhile, in Virginia, the controversy surrounding the most barbaric abortion laws we’ve seen prompted Governor Northam to state that even after a woman was dilating, she could have an abortion. He responded this way: “So in this particular example if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physician and the mother.” The discussion would be whether or not they would let a newborn live. The discussion would be whether or not to end that baby’s life.
This is infanticide, which is the crime of killing a child within one year of his or her birth. This is what radical leftists want. It’s the next step for the pro-abortion lobby who aren’t satisfied with late-term or partial-birth abortions.
Although it can be easy to grow tired or frustrated at the liberal “leadership” of governors like Ralph Northram or Colorado’s Jared Polis, we see God doing some wonderful things in the midst of what can seem like a relentless attack on His truth:
- People are Taking Action. We are seeing an awakening of churches, Christ-followers, and conservatives to the very real threats our country and our faith face. And they are no longer silent! Thousands took action in Colorado this week. And conservatives aren’t letting Gov. Northam’s remarks go unchallenged. We have the opportunity now to work to “un-elect” these politicians in 2020 – with your help!
- Truth is Coming Out. There are many who have been “on the fence” or chose to stay silent about radical social issues like abortion and sex-education. No longer! People who have never spoken-up before are feeling a sense of urgency to speak truth for the sake of our children in schools and children in the womb! It’s far more difficult to censor biblical truths when those who believe in them speak publicly.
- Light Always Shines Brighter in the Darkest Places. When you start talking about aborting children while the mother is dilating, and openly talking about infanticide after delivery, we see how far from God our country has fallen. As those who are called to be Light in the darkness (John 5:14-16), we know that darkness cannot overcome Light (John 1:5). We, the Church, are the ones called to light up the darkness, and our country is at a point where believers are being called to shine even brighter—to speak truth even more boldly. And that is a good thing!
None of this is possible without your continued prayers and support. Be encouraged to shine your light in love, to speak truth, and to stand firm and take action! Our country needs the Church now more than ever.
Please check our ACTION CENTER to see if there’s an issue where you can help speak truth in your state or at the federal level.
Turning the Light back on with you,
On Tuesday, Colorado took a giant step to the Left. The voters of our state chose as their leader someone who is not only the first openly gay man to be elected governor in any state, but he can accurately be described as the first gay activist to be elected governor.
Jared Polis was one of the three LGBT-inspired mega-donors who joined with Tim Gill more than a decade ago – pouring multiplied millions into transforming Colorado politics and policies.
Now, he’s governor. And after his party took control of the state Senate on Tuesday, he has his friends and allies in charge of both houses of the legislature. If you’re familiar with the Polis progressive agenda, that’s a scary reality for our state:
- Jared Polis and his allies aren’t just pro-choice. They are radically pro-abortion.
- They aren’t just pro-LGBT. They want to force Coloradans to salute the LGBT agenda, even if it means violating your conscience – just as they tried to do with Jack Phillips.
- And they aren’t just liberal. Their agenda is far-left progressive, including a government take-over of healthcare that would harm individuals and turn Colorado’s budget into a look-alike of California’s.
So what are we to do now?
- Pray for Jared Polis and the other state leaders. The Bible tells us to. Don’t pray for God’s blessing on his agenda items that contradict biblical truth. But do pray for God to work in and through Polis and other leaders – for their eternal good and for the good of the people of this state.
- Stand firm and take action. The people of God in Daniel’s time faced a much more difficult reality, yet God expected them to “stand firm and take action” (Dan. 11:32). This is not a time to either waffle or despair. Boldly – yet lovingly – stand for the truth and engage with your government leaders.
- Enlist with CFA. One of the best ways to engage is to join with our allies at Colorado Family Action, an independent group that we launched several years ago. While Family Policy Alliance is actively involved in Colorado, CFA is the group that is down at the capitol, talking with policy makers on a daily basis, and calling people like you to action when it’s needed most.
Finally, here’s a little perspective that may be an encouragement. Remember when Barrack Obama was first elected in 2008? It didn’t take long for Americans to wake up and realize the damage that his radical agenda was having on our country. Just two years later, Obama’s party lost 65 seats in the U.S. House.
Positive change can happen quickly. To that end, let’s pray, stand firm and engage for action!
Jack Phillips isn’t running for governor. But he has a lot riding on the outcome.
That’s because one candidate, Jared Polis, strongly supports the actions of the Colorado Civil Rights Commission in targeting Jack for his beliefs.
As you probably know, Jack Phillips is a small business owner from Lakewood, where he and his wife own Masterpiece Cakeshop.
In 2013, the Colorado Civil Rights Commission punished Jack for his faith. Jack had politely declined to create a custom wedding cake to celebrate a same-sex marriage—though he offered to sell the men anything else in the shop or create a cake for a different occasion. This is because Jack serves all people, but he can’t use his artistic talent to celebrate all viewpoints.
Thankfully, the Supreme Court ruled overwhelmingly in Jack’s favor. Yet that didn’t stop the Colorado Civil Rights Commission from going after Jack again. In a clearly orchestrated attack, the Commission is now seeking to punish Jack for declining to create a cake to celebrate a “gender transition.”
But things could get worse for Jack — and all believers in Colorado – if Jared Polis is elected governor.
The governor appoints the members of the Civil Rights Commission, and whoever is the next governor will make several appointments early next year. Polis, a wealthy LGBT activist, has made very clear that he supports the Commission’s actions against Phillips.
Yet many Colorado voters are unaware of this. That’s why Family Policy Alliance created this video. We’re getting it out to tens of thousands of specific Colorado voters – people who share our values but tend not to vote in non-presidential elections.
But we need your help to do that. Here’s what you can do:
- Remember this as you vote. Walker Stapleton strongly opposes the Commission’s actions against Phillips. Jared Polis supports forcing Jack to violate his faith.
- Share this video on Facebook to make sure your own network has this information.
- Donate to help us reach more Colorado voters. Every $20 you give will reach at least 500 strategically selected Colorado voters.
Now is the time. This is where we truly stand with Jack – and for faith.
Paid for by Family Policy Alliance Independent Expenditure Committee. Not authorized by any candidate.
This message must ring loud and clear to our seniors, and those with disabilities or terminal illnesses: “We will not abandon you to assisted suicide.” And, because of you, this message is being heard at state capitols across the nation.
Through your support, CitizenLink (soon to be Family Policy Alliance), our national ally Focus on the Family and our state ally Colorado Family Action worked to stop Colorado’s Assisted Suicide bill in its tracks. CitizenLink’s state allies in Minnesota, Maryland and Hawaii also stopped Assisted Suicide bills. Christ calls us to walk with those who suffer, not abandon them without hope—because love lifts life up. Thank you for sharing this message through your support of CitizenLink and our allies.
With your help, this spring CitizenLink was also a voice for women and children at the U.S. Supreme Court. Along with allies Susan B. Anthony List and Students for Life of America, CitizenLink led a friend-of-the-court brief in Whole Woman’s Health, the most significant abortion case to reach the Court in 25 years. And that brief was drafted by the legal arm of our Pennsylvania ally. The Court is expected to release its decision in June.
The case arose when abortionists in Texas didn’t like the commonsense regulations the Texas Legislature passed, with the help of our ally, Texas Values. The law required abortion facilities to meet the same standards as other outpatient surgical facilities. CitizenLink’s brief informed the Court that abortion businesses shouldn’t get a free pass on basic health standards, simply to keep them in the market.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who argued in defense of Texas’ pro-life law, said: “The amicus brief cosponsored by CitizenLink was a critical part of the overall argument presented to the Supreme Court, and I am very grateful for those that stood with my office in defense of women’s health.”
Thank you for partnering with us to tell the Court that we must protect both women and their babies!