A California legislative committee is about to consider a bill that has truly stunned observers around the country. Will you join a rising chorus of voices who are speaking out to stop it?
Assembly Bill 2943 essentially outlaws ANY communication that is seen as an attempt to influence someone away from transgenderism or homosexuality – if such communication involves any kind of financial transaction.
What would California look like if AB 2943 passes?
- A therapist or pastoral counselor could be prosecuted for helping a 20-year-old who is struggling with her gender and pays for counseling to help her accept her God-given birth sex.
- A Christian college could face punishment if a professor teaches about God’s design for sexuality.
- Even a Christian bookstore owner or non-profit ministry that sells a book that contains similar messaging could face the long arm of the law.
As an organization with deep California roots, Family Policy Alliance is thankful that Californians are speaking up against AB 2943! Will you join them?
Here’s what you can do:
- Please send a quick note to the members of the committee that will consider the bill this week. You can reach them all with just a click on our Action Center.
- Please share this message far and wide. If thousands of Californians speak up, it will be impossible to ignore!
Thank you for making your voice heard!
The Family Policy Alliance Team
Jayson started struggling with same-sex attractions after being abused as a child. Thankfully, he was able to get professional counseling and coaching that continues to help him align his life with the heartfelt convictions of his faith.
But now, the ACLU and their allies are working to ban such professional counseling for minors. They want to make counseling on sexual orientation a one-way street — toward homosexuality.
Family Policy Alliance is fighting these bans and supporting our freedoms in state after state.
“This fight is for vulnerable kids — just like I was at eight years old,” says Jayson. “Family Policy Alliance is uniquely positioned to win, with 40 state groups and proven strategies to mobilize citizens effectively. I encourage everyone who cares about protecting children and parents’ rights to support the work of Family Policy Alliance.”