Your voice makes a difference. At Family Policy Alliance, we believe that and are committed to helping you speak up on key local, state and national battles.
And you have done so in a huge way! Last week, you hit a million – a million messages sent to public officials through the Family Policy Alliance Action Center.
But what’s more exciting than that big number is the impact it represents. To help you get a sense of that, let me share with you a bit of the birds-eye view that I enjoy.
I’m privileged to work with and hear from pro-family leaders around the country. They keep us informed and give us perspective on which issue battles are especially important – and where the voice of the people could make a difference.
That’s on the front end. But the back end is where it gets especially exciting. That’s when we hear from allies in state capitols about the impact that you made with your emails, calls or other engagement.
It might be a key state senator making comments in his office about the huge flood of emails he got in support of a bill, and it’s clear from the details that they are talking about your emails through our Action Center.
Or a state representative may comment in a committee hearing about the overwhelming number of calls she received on a particular bill – right after we completed a major calling campaign in her district.
When you send a message through our Action Center or make a phone call, you often don’t know what the impact is. I’m here to tell you that, combined with the actions of others, your messages often make a profound difference.
- At the national level, those combined numbers can be enormous. For example, during the Kavanaugh confirmation process, FPA supporters like you sent more than 46,000 messages to U.S. senators, with a heavy emphasis on key swing senators.
- But the bulk of our alerts are at the state level. While the numbers are naturally far smaller, the impact is often even bigger. Take last year’s battle against a major abortion expansion in New Mexico. It was the governor’s top priority, and it looked certain to pass. But FPA supporters there sent 15,000 messages and made countless phone calls – getting the attention of lawmakers in a huge way. Eight Democrat legislators joined with Republicans in sending that bill to a shocking defeat!
I could go on with examples from state after state.
And even when a legislator or congressman votes the wrong way, there can still be positive impact. For one, they may become less vocal as they realize how many of their constituents take the other side on an issue. For another, as you share the alerts with others and they take action, they become more aware of where their politicians really stand, increasing the chances of holding them accountable at the next election.
So truly, thanks a million! Together, let’s keep up the impact!
The 2019 Christmas and New Year’s celebrations are now a week behind us.
The Christmas decorations are soon (if not already) stored away; the Christmas tree lights that still work have been carefully stowed in hopes they will light again next year (they never seem to!). And the Christmas cards received are now tucked away in a box because… it’s just too hard to discard them.
And with all the activity that the year-end brings, YOU also took precious time out to support Family Policy Alliance® and our sister ministry, Family Policy Foundation®.
Because of that, I just want to say:
On behalf of the Family Policy Alliance team, state policy allies, Statesmen, pastors and business leaders around the nation, we are grateful for your continued financial and prayer partnership.
Your support enabled us to meet the year-end Challenge Match established by generous ministry partners. Your outpouring has encouraged them and our team.
Because of you, we will carry the banner forward into 2020 aspiring to see our nation restored to one where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished.
With sincere gratitude to you, the family of believers, and wishing you a blessed 2020,
President & CEO
On behalf of Family Policy Alliance, the alliance of men and women working in state capitals across the nation and in Washington, DC. and the Statesmen you helped train and elect, I want to thank you for your very generous prayers, support and time throughout 2018 to advance family values in our nation.
Your generous support—especially in the days leading up to the New Year—will enable Family Policy Alliance to:
- Advance legislation to secure your parental rights, defend the dignity of life and amplify the voice of the Church in the public square
- Train and equip another able class of Statesmen this summer—men and women called to the mission field of politics—to bring about transformation from the inside. This coming legislative term, 52 Statesmen are serving you in office across the nation and in DC
- Start an Unleashing Biblical Citizenship: 2020 Election Fund to continue the momentum from 2016; stop the left’s agenda from undermining your values; and ensure that we secure conservative, constitutional justices for the next two—and possibly three—Supreme Court vacancies that are sure to come with the next Presidency
Thank you again for joining with us in our unwavering commitment to a nation where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished!
Standing for the family,
President & CEO
The Statesmen Academy is a project of Family Policy Alliance's sister organization, Family Policy Foundation!
Posted by Family Policy Alliance on Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Paul Weber, President & CEO of Family Policy Alliance, explains how our sister organization Family Policy Foundation will be hosting the 2017 Statesmen Academy this month, and how your support makes it possible for Family Policy Foundation to train men and women to not just “talk the talk,” but live out their convictions.
As we prepare to spend time with family and friends this Thanksgiving, Family Policy Alliance wanted to thank you for your support and partnership during this election cycle.
With conservative majorities in the House, Senate and a conservative in the White House, we’re looking forward to making gains toward a nation where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished.
Because of you, Family Policy Alliance was able to work shoulder to shoulder with some amazing, godly public servants and help them retain or gain an elected office. We were instrumental in 24 out of 30 races in which we were involved – that’s an 80% win rate!
Graduates of our Statesmen Academy were successful in 14 out of 16 races – an 88% win rate!
We were able to use mailers, television, digital ads, newspaper submissions, radio and email to inform voters and help them unleash their citizenship.
But without your prayer and partnership, we couldn’t have done this amazing work. Thank you for walking with us and allowing us to impact our world.
May this Thanksgiving be one of the best for you and your family.
President and CEO
Family Policy Alliance