Are we going to be a nation that mutilates our children?
That’s the Biden Plan. During a townhall Thursday night, Biden confirmed that he believes that children struggling with their gender identity should be able to mutilate their bodies to conform to their feelings.
He was talking about 8-year-olds. Making a permanent, life-changing decision. One that has no basis in science. One that is on-its-face-absurd.
The idea that a major party candidate for President of the United States is throwing around such a reckless, hateful, and truth-hostile concept is alarming. However, the reality of 8-year-olds making decisions that would irreparably harm their bodies and feed into major psychological consequences is very present and could be on the ballot.
So what can you do to protect children?
- VOTE – This issue is on the ballot at the federal level and here in Georgia with the legislative races. Make your voice heard!
- SHARE – The horrifying reality that Joe Biden supports the mutilation of children should drive every swing voter away from Biden and the liberal agenda. Make sure your friends, colleagues, and fellow church members understand this barbaric reality!
- PRAY – Our children need it now more than ever!
- DONATE – We need to make Georgia a safe place for children. Whether it’s protecting children from these life-redefining and biology-defying surgeries or Saving Girls Sports, we are ready to lead the charge to pass child-protecting legislation this session. Please consider donating to help us fight this battle.
Our children deserve better than the Biden Plan. Yes, some kids are suffering. However, it’s our job, as believers, to provide them help and support rather than endorsing mutilation – which will lead to discontentment and major problems throughout the life of the child.
To Protect Children,
President and Executive Director
P.S. Did you know that studies show that the vast majority of children suffering from gender identity issues will re-identify with their biological gender on their own? Putting these children through life-changing surgery is beyond cruel. Protect these children by donating to our policy initiatives today.
Blessings from the State Capitol in Boise, Idaho! We are now eight weeks into the 2020 legislative session, and Family Policy Alliance of Idaho® is working hard to promote public policies that make Idaho a place where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished.
Three quick updates:
- “Choose Life” Specialty License Plate (Senate Bill 1249): I am happy to share with you that SB1249 has passed both legislative chambers and is on its way to the governor’s desk to be signed into law. This legislation creates a new “Choose Life” specialty license plate that will provide much-needed funds to pregnancy resource centers that offer compassionate care and support to women facing unexpected pregnancies. The legislation was sponsored by Sen. Regina Bayer (R-Meridian) and Rep. Brent Crane (R-Nampa).
- Six-Month Contraceptive Mandate (Senate Bill 1275): Another victory this legislative session is the defeat of SB1275, which would have required that insurance companies cover a six-month supply of contraception. Yet the drugs listed as “contraceptives” by the bill included abortifacients like “Plan B” and “Ella”—drugs that end a pregnancy after conception by preventing a fertilized egg from implanting and receiving the nutrition it needs to survive. This legislation, which was sponsored by Senator Cherie Buckner-Webb (D-Boise) and supported by Planned Parenthood, was killed in the Senate with a 13-20 vote.
- Genital Mutilation (House Bill 465): HB 465 would have prohibited providing children struggling with gender dysphoria with experimental drugs and irreversible sex reassignment surgeries causing infertility and sterility. Sadly, this legislation has died in House committee. It was sponsored by Rep. Christy Zito (R-Hammett).
Legislation to follow:
- Fairness in Women’s Sports Act (House Bill 500): This legislation, sponsored by Rep. Barbara Ehardt (R-Idaho Falls) would protect girls’ and women’s sports by requiring the athletes play in sports of their biological sex. It has passed the House of Representatives and is on its way to Senate committee.
- Defund Abortion Providers (House Bill 525): This legislation would ban cities and counties from giving public money (your tax dollars!) to providers of abortion (ahem, Planned Parenthood). It is sponsored by Representatives Bryan Zollinger (R-Idaho Falls) and Christy Zito (R-Hammett) and is currently working its way through the House.
- Vital Records Act (House Bill 509): This legislation would ensure that the quantifiable facts recorded in birth certificates—including sex, place and time of birth, and length and weight—reflect the facts as they existed at time of birth. HB509 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday and will be going to Senate committee. It is sponsored by Rep. Julianne Young (R-Blackfoot) and Senator Steve Vick (R-Dalton Gardens).
Thanks to everyone who has sent messages to their legislators through our Action Center. More action alerts will be sent out as session continues. It is important that your legislators know how you feel—this is biblical citizenship in action!
Standing for you,
Director of Advocacy
Here in Georgia, we believe in protecting the vulnerable and defending the innocent. Yet, here in our beloved state, a horrifying truth exists: surgeries are being done and chemicals are being given to children that harm their bodies, remove their ability to have their own children one day, and inflict permanent bodily conflict on these young ones.
My friends, this is beneath the dignity of our state. The idea of adults harming vulnerable children, permanently, is one that should rally and unify the entirety of our state in opposition.
That’s why I’m so thankful for Rep. Ginny Ehrhart and her leadership in authoring the Vulnerable Child Protection Act – HB 1060. TAKE ACTION TODAY by contacting your representative in support of this common-sense and compassionate measure.
Radicals who care more for their own agenda than the wellbeing of children are already lying about this bill and have leapt in opposition. I want you to read for yourself what this bill does – and stand in horror at the very notion that, because this IS HAPPENING NOW in our state, we need this legislation. Here’s what this bill prevents and, therefore, protects vulnerable children from:
- Performing any surgery that sterilizes children with healthy reproductive systems, including, but not limited to, castration, vasectomy, hysterectomy, oophorectomy, metoidioplasty, orchiectomy, penectomy, phalloplasty, or vaginoplasty;
- Performing a mastectomy;
- Removing any otherwise healthy or non-diseased body part or tissue;
- Administering or supplying medications that induce transient or permanent infertility, including, but not limited to: Puberty-blocking medication to stop or delay normal puberty; Supraphysiologic doses of testosterone to females; or Supraphysiologic doses of estrogen to males.
All of these actions – taken by adults and performed on young children – do irreparable harm to a child who cannot get Tylenol without parental permission. Struggling children, who studies have shown will almost certainly, if left alone, find contentment in their bodies, should not have life-altering permanent harm done to them so that a radical, unscientific agenda may advance.
TAKE ACTION NOW. Your representative needs to hear from you. They are under immense pressure to oppose this pro-children bill or to punt on the issue entirely. Should they do so, they will allow more lives to be destroyed in our state – on their watch – denying children the ability to have children and enjoy a healthy life.
Stop the horror. Protect the children. Stand for truth. TAKE ACTION NOW!
Protecting the Vulnerable,
President and Executive Director
PS. Please help spread the word by sharing this message with your friends and family using the sharing buttons below.
Joe Biden’s recent tweet that “transgender equality is the civil rights issue of our time” caused quite a stir. Even self-identified liberals seem taken aback and angry at Biden’s comparison–as they should be. There are far more differences between the transgender movement and the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s than there are similarities. The transgender movement has resulted in silencing and oppressing the vast majority of Americans, bringing them harm and violating their rights.
Sadly, our children are harmed the most by the transgender agenda. These harms explain why we’re barely into 2020 and we’re seeing substantial policy efforts across the states to protect children.
Protecting Girls in Sports
One prevalent effort by state lawmakers is introducing legislation seeking to protect girls in sports by prohibiting transgender-identifying boys from playing on girls’ sports teams in schools. Many of us don’t have to read a study to know boys have a distinct biological advantage over girls once they reach puberty. In fact, “claims to the contrary are simply a denial of science.” When it comes to the integrity of school sports, as our children are competing for spots on varsity, championship titles, scholarships, and college slots, girls are harmed the most by boys who play on their teams.
This is why over ten states, so far this session, including Arizona, Mississippi, Missouri and South Carolina, have introduced legislation allowing only biological girls to play on girls’ sports teams and, often, vice versa. These laws are necessary to protect fair competition on our children’s teams and their opportunities for success.
Protecting Children from Hormones and Surgeries
Legislators are also standing up to protect transgender-identifying children from serious medical harm, introducing legislation that would prohibit doctors from prescribing hormones or performing surgeries for transgender-identifying children. These hormones and surgeries result in profound physical deformities, often rendering the children sterile the rest of their lives.
These bills have been introduced in states like South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Colorado and Idaho. Idaho’s unique legislation equates surgeries on transgender-identifying youth to those surgeries referred to as female genital mutilation (FGM). In FGM, families—often due to religious beliefs—require their daughters to undergo genital-mutilating surgeries that result in lifelong harm. FGM is already banned in many states throughout America because Americans believe there is no acceptable reason to mutilate the genitals of a child because of a faith belief. This should be the case for all children, no matter what the child believes about their own body.
Other legislation is being introduced to also protect parents, teachers, and even doctors from the harms of the transgender ideology. Not surprisingly, the liberal media has labeled these efforts a conservative conspiracy to “attack trans youth.” Outlets such as Vice, The New Republic, EIN News and others have reached out to us and written articles to question Family Policy Alliance® about our involvement in these “coordinated attacks.”
Of course, Family Policy Alliance remains committed to protecting children who are in need of true help dealing with gender dysphoria—not drugs and surgeries that will have lifelong consequences—and we are proud to stand with legislators who are advancing policy solutions to protect all children from harm.
If you believe in the work Family Policy Alliance is doing across the nation and want to support us please consider donating. Thank you in advance for your prayers and financial partnership!
Standing for the family of believers,
Stephanie Curry, Esq.
Public Policy Manager