While the temperatures have been falling across the country, the Biden Administration has been hit with a heat tsunami for doubling-down on their radical gender agenda.
Last week, the House Judiciary Oversight Committee Hearing caught fire when the Attorney General was asked questions about the Department of Justice Memo deploying the FBI in every federal district. Why did the DOJ want to deploy the FBI? Because parents are standing up and speaking out against radical gender ideologies, critical race theory, and more at their local school board meetings.
The DOJ Memo was issued after the National School Board Association (NSBA) sent a letter to the White House calling out concerned parents who stand against radical ideologies. The NSBA letter identified parents’ actions as “threats” and “equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism.”
Exchanges in the House hearing revealed alarming information on the Biden-Harris Administration including:
- Ranking Member Jim Jordan highlighted the fact that the Attorney General issued the DOJ Memo because of the National School Board Association letter.
- Congressman Mike Johnson raised ethics concerns that the Attorney General’s son-in-law is financially benefiting from selling critical race theory materials and conducting alarming student surveys in school districts across the country. Does he benefit from the DOJ memo that discourages parents from speaking out against CRT? The Republican House Judiciary Committee Members are determined to find out by calling for an ethics inquiry.
- Congressman Chip Roy’s questions revealed that parents across the country were enraged from learning a father in Loudoun County father was arrested defending his daughter at a local school board meeting after his daughter became a victim of sexual assault. But when Congressman Roy raised this in the hearing, the U.S. Attorney General said he “d[idn’t] know any of the facts of this case.”
The Attorney General’s responses haven’t aged well since the NSBA Board now says they “regret and apologize” for the letter and several state school board associations have distanced themselves from NSBA after the incident. And members of the House Judiciary Committee have called for Attorney General Garland to withdraw the memo.
But on Friday, the Biden-Harris Administration, completely tone-deaf, released a new gender strategy document. The 42-page document, entitled “National Strategy on Gender Equality and Equity” outlines the Administration’s promotion of a range of liberal priorities– including transgender policies – in schools, the workforce, and international efforts. The document also promotes abortion and the removal of the Hyde Amendment, meaning President Biden wants to force taxpayers to pay for abortion.
Today, in a lively Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing, the Attorney General received more questioning about the DOJ memo. Here are a few highlights:
- Senator Marsha Blackburn (TN) discussed how outrageous it was for parents to be compared to domestic terrorists. She also explained how the DOJ Memo could be seen as intimidation from the DOJ to cause parents to question going to their local school board meetings.
- Senator Josh Hawley (MO)’s questioning exposed that after the DOJ Memo was released, another memo went out from a Department of Justice District Office listing 13 federal crimes that parents could be prosecuted for, including “making annoying phone calls.”
- Senator John Kennedy (LA) exposed that the DOJ did not investigate the incidents cited in the NSBA letter. Senator Kennedy also explained how parents experienced a “chilling effect” after reading the DOJ Memo.
- Senator Ted Cruz (TX) questioned the Attorney General about the ethics concerns that the Attorney General’s son-in law financially benefits from the sale of curriculum of critical race theory.
- Senator Mike Lee (UT) highlighted that state attorneys general have stated they can handle issues at the state and local level and the federal government does not need to get involved. Sen. Lee also pointed out that the NSBA has apologized for their letter, and none of the stories cited by the NSBA included death threats. The Attorney General would not apologize for the DOJ Memo.
Amid this crazy storm, one thing is clear: parents have a God-given right to speak out and stand up for their children. And we will continue to stand with them. But this will take a significant investment of money and resources.
Will we let the left cancel parents’ voices at school board meetings, and even members of Congress, from daring to speak truth about biological reality? Or, will we come together and push back?
Join us today in taking a stand against radical gender ideology coming out of Woke DC that is now showing up in children’s schools, affecting their safety, and silencing their parents.
For our children,