COLORADO: UPDATE – Urge your state senator to OPPOSE the radical abortion bill!
Early this morning, after nearly 14 hours of testimony and debate, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed the radical abortion bill (HB22-1279) on a 3-2, party-line vote.
The bill now goes to the full Senate – the last chance to stop it before it would go to Gov. Jared Polis.
Your help is needed more than ever to speak up to your senator and to rally other Coloradans to oppose this unconscionable bill!
HB22-1279 will strip away all restrictions or regulations on abortion in Colorado. And it would prohibit any local restrictions on abortion from being enacted at any time in the future!
Under this radical bill:
- Parental notification requirements would be outlawed
- Common-sense health regulations on abortion – such as clinical safety requirements – would be banned
- The state will outlaw any attempts to limit abortions, even those that target babies on the basis of their sex or disability.
Here’s what you can do:
- Please send a message to your state senator. It only takes 30 seconds on our Action Center.
- After you send the message, click on the phone icon to leave a brief voicemail asking your senator to OPPOSE the radical abortion bill (HB22-1279).
- Then please pass along this alert to others so they can take a stand as well!
Thank you for standing up for those who can’t protect themselves!
Vice President, State Alliances