It’s a dark day in Colorado.
This afternoon, Governor Jared Polis signed into law a radical abortion bill (HB22-1279). This law strips away all restrictions and regulations on abortion in the state. Plus, it prohibits any local restrictions on abortion from being enacted at any time in the future!
Some examples of what has now been outlawed in Colorado:
- Parental notification requirements
- Common-sense health regulations on abortion (such as clinical safety requirements)
- Any attempts to limit abortions, even provisions that stop abortions which happen because of a baby’s sex or disability
This bill is nothing short of a tragedy.
But the truth is, it’s just a taste of where the pro-abortion lobby is headed as they fearfully await a decision in the Supreme Court case that challenged Roe v. Wade.
Whether in that case or another future case, the abortion lobby knows that Roe’s time is running short. And they know that if Roe is overturned, it will be up to each state to decide the fate of its unborn children.
Their response? Push harder than ever for abortion and make it more difficult for states to pass or maintain pro-life protections.
In many cases – like Colorado – the abortion lobby has started its efforts ahead of time.
In others, you can expect a strong anti-life push as soon as the Supreme Court makes any kind of pro-life decision. What kinds of things could happen? Here’s a sampling:
- If your state has good pro-life laws, abortion activists in your state might try to repeal those protections or even create a “right to choose” that prohibits pro-life protections
- If your state has successfully shut down abortion clinics, abortion activists will try to send pregnant women to surrounding states
- If your state is lukewarm or pro-abortion, activists will likely try to enshrine abortion and remove any pro-life protections that do exist
The bottom line is this: when Roe v. Wade is overturned – and even before it is – abortion activists will fight like never before to keep abortion in your state.
That’s why it’s critical that every one of us is engaged to stand for life like never before around the country. For you, that may include:
- Learning what’s happening in your state so you can be informed as developments occur
- Voting for pro-life elected officials in this year’s mid-term elections
- Standing with Family Policy Alliance and our allies around the country in the cause for life
Don’t know where to start? Click the image below to find out where your state is at on abortion and get plugged in!
Abortion activists will do everything they can to keep abortion in our country. Let’s do all we can to protect every life instead.
Director of Strategy