Over the weekend, our team will be at the convention in Jekyll Island catching up with supporters and sharing updates on our plans. If you’ll be in attendance too, come find us! We look forward to sharing more.
At the forefront of the discussion will be where the conservative movement goes from here. Whether you are attending in Jekyll or not, I do have some thoughts – honest thoughts – I want to share:
- We cannot pretend everything is hunky dory. We have to be real and introspective. I appreciated one email I received that begin with “Let’s agree that we have a problem.” The Georgia conservative movement, as a whole, is not as it should be.
- There’s work ahead. Stacey Abrams is coming. The Left will fight to keep Raphael Warnock. They are going to try to flip the Georgia State House. We have to head into 2022 with our eyes wide open, a strong commitment to fight back, and a great sense of unity.
- Positivity matters. Voters across Georgia want to know what we stand for – not just what we are against. We must articulate why our values are better for Georgians than what the Left if offering. Almost every speech I hear these days is about what “they” (the other side) believe. What do we believe and how does it positively impact people?
- Moderating does not work. What’s going to excite Georgians? Issues like Saving Girls Sports, protecting medical freedom, defending students against dangerous indoctrination, advancing religious freedom and the pro-life cause, and providing school choice opportunities. Running to the middle has never proven to be a winning prescription. We’re going to make sure our allies have plenty of opportunities to make bold conservative legislation become law.
- There are so many people who want to manipulate emotions and lie to you. Look at the record! One statewide candidate pretends he’s a conservative, but he voted against the Heartbeat Bill – TWICE – building on a 3-decade career of being pro-abortion. Many conservatives will be fooled by this career swindler. We cannot trust rhetoric that simply sounds good but is not backed up by action.
- It’s about far more than Party. As an organization, we’re committed to fighting for values, providing an agenda, convening leaders, and ensuring the right strategies in a way that a political Party never will. Don’t depend on Party labels – partner with those who truly share your values.
We look forward to participating in many of these discussions. Moreover, we look forward to leading the charge as we move forward – providing the strategic legislative agenda for 2022, endorsing and electing pro-family candidates, and transforming our culture.
Georgia has a big need. We’re committed to filling it.
President and Executive Director
P.S. Come find our table at the Convention! We’ll have a special surprise!
I don’t know about you, but I hate seeing our state on the news right now.
We’re counting votes in Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and… Georgia. And, frankly, as of this writing, the projections look uncertain at best.
We MUST reverse this trend. That’s why we are hard at work laying the groundwork to WIN in 2022 – working to engage the church, provide winning policy solutions, and build a winning election coalition. To support these efforts and make Georgia a state where we get off the roster of “swing states” and move firmly over to the list of “values states,” please consider a generous donation of $25, $100, $250, or more today!
It’s scary to see Georgia this close. But, I want to share with you just some good news of what God has done:
- Family Policy Alliance of Georgia has won nearly 80% of the races we engaged in this cycle. We endorse candidates and advocate for them – taking on even the toughest fights. And, we WIN!
- Early on, we endorsed Senator Kelly Loeffler, the Governor’s pick and the nation’s Most Conservative US Senator. Despite attacks from all sides, she emerged with a MAJOR victory and now moves on to a runoff.
- Shortly after passage of the Heartbeat Bill, we announced that we would target the Democrat Minority Leader who worked tirelessly to oppose us. On Tuesday, he was defeated and our pro-life, pro-family endorsed candidate, David Jenkins – who we did mail for – won!
- When all the pundits were saying liberals could take the Georgia State House, I publicly said we would not let that happen. They needed to flip 16 seats to do so. It appears that, despite all the media bluster and all their money, they will only net 2.
- California and New York donors targeted the sponsor of Georgia’s Heartbeat Bill, Representative Ed Setzler. We did mail, TV, and digital advertising in that race, and, despite the fact that he was outspent significantly, Ed won by 297 votes. This is an epic win for the cause of LIFE!
- Our organization, because of generous supporters like you, sent out roughly 100,000 pieces of mail – unique, well messaged, and targeted – ran 5 TV campaigns, and made hundreds and hundreds of thousands of voter contacts through digital and texting – all advocating for our endorsed candidates. This is the most targeted, effective pro-life, pro-family campaign Georgia has seen!
It’s amazing to see how God has used this organization, and, with this being just our 2nd election cycle, mark my words: WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED.
I don’t want to see Georgia on the news in 2022 – or 2024 – as a “swing state” with uncertain results. We’re starting now on this endeavor to reverse the trend and make our state more conservative, more God-honoring, and more ready to vote for life, school choice, religious freedom, and family values.
To that end, we’re working to transform the culture, educate, mobilize, train, and connect believers, and build winning strategies so that, in 2022, 2024, and beyond, we can have clear victories.
Please stand with us. We’re winning and making the difference. But, we need your help to deliver the Georgia we deserve. Your generous donation today can make all the difference!
Because we REFUSE to let Georgia slip away,
President and Executive Director
PS. The battle for Georgia is ON. The Left wants to steal our state from us, but we won’t let that happen. We are fighting – leading the charge – and are gearing up for the next cycle STARTING NOW. Your generous donation of $25, $100, $250, or more will help us defeat the radical agenda to flip Georgia permanently.