Since I sent the email below this message in mid-May, some very telling things have happened.
On May 17th Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a new law, making Florida the third state in the nation (joining Arkansas and North Dakota) to prevent businesses and governmental entities from exposing children to drag queen shows in any setting.
Most importantly, it will protect the innocence of children from encountering the overtly sexual nature of drag queen story hour in their local libraries.
It is a change that needed to happen and one we hope to see more of.
Unfortunately, a different outcome with an overt display of rabidly anti-Christian behavior will soon be playing out in Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers organization recently decided to honor a patently anti-religious group of drag queens, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, who often dress in religious garb, particularly as nuns, and regularly mock Jesus and Mary along with the cross.
Initially, the Dodgers canceled their invitation to the “Sisters.” Then, caving to massive pressure from the Woke Left, they reinstated the Community Service Award for the “Sisters.”
The Woke crowd has made clear that they have an agenda, and they will stop at nothing to advance it—regardless of the effects on women and children, or even whether public sentiment is against them. They will not stop.
But neither will we.
Just to remind you (again) what we are up against, see below what Hollywood and the drag queen movement were up to a month ago. Their intent is to oppose Family Policy Alliance’s work to protect children from the transgender movement, whether that is in the doctor’s office, at school, in the library or on the sports field.
Said another way: they do not want any laws to protect children if it conflicts with their political agenda in any way.
Read more below about our record of success and learn how you can be the sustaining force that protects our young people from the very real harms that arise from this ideology.
We need your help. Hollywood and drag queens helped raise over a half million dollars in four hours—all of which will go to fund groups who advance Woke culture and oppose FPA. To protect children and counter the Woke onslaught, we have to double down on our efforts.
President & CEO
It was a star-studded group that recently came together in Hollywood, but it was not for a self-adulating award show or a tribute to a Hollywood legend.
“Drag Isn’t Dangerous” was a four-hour telethon hosted by notable Hollywood stars and drag queens seeking support from the Left to combat the work of Family Policy Alliance.
The title of the telethon itself underscores the truth of what is at stake here. And without saying it in so many words, the dialogue among the promoters and hosts also seems to affirm what we already know.
Family Policy Alliance, the network of 40 state family policy councils we host in our alliance, the lawmakers we’ve trained through our Foundation’s Statesmen Academy, families like yours and supporters of our ministry are making a huge difference by enacting pro-family legislation again and again and again…
- Since 2020, 21 states have enacted a version of Save Girls Sports, legislation we pioneered with our allies in Idaho ensuring that girls’ sports are reserved only for girls.
- Since 2021, 14 states (and counting!) have enacted a version of our Help Not Harm legislation protecting children from transgender procedures.
- That is 35 laws passed in over 20 different states – and it all started with Family Policy Alliance and the family policy council state allies representing your values.
Hollywood and the Left hate our work protecting families and this record of success – it is why they needed this telethon.
Unfortunately, “Drag Isn’t Dangerous” successfully raised over half a million dollars that will now flow directly to national groups who oppose our work every single day. This happened with help from the media, online promoters, producers and (in this case) the Hollywood bully pulpit – all things we do not have.
Let that sink in.
Hollywood just handed nearly $524,000 to multiple national groups whose daily missions are to stop our progress. They are all taking aim at the work of Family Policy Alliance and our record of success.
Families like yours keep Family Policy Alliance going on our mission and we are asking that you stand with us by donating today.
Can you help us stand toe-to-toe with Hollywood and the leftists?
Just to keep up, we now need to raise $500,000 this month to counter this woke, Hollywood agenda…are you with us?
President and CEO
PS: Did you know that we have some donors who have been giving a monthly gift to FPA for nearly 20 years? These faithful donors have seen the vision of FPA for decades and have chosen to partner with us for the long haul. Can you do the same? Click here to see how easy it is to set up a monthly donation. Any amount will help!
The shocking and shameful Jeffrey Epstein case has exploded across the screens of national media outlets, placing the heinous reality of child sex-trafficking back into the spotlight. Americans are outraged at what appears to be a closely guarded and organized ring of the rich and famous, both men and women, sexually exploiting our children.
There’s no doubt evil takes place all around us; permeating across all income levels, political lines, and ethnic groups. Sexual exploitation is a $99 billion industry. With that kind of profit, we know how high the stakes are for protecting our children from being exploited themselves.
We cannot and will not stand by and allow our children’s bodies to be commodified, their sexuality exploited, and their identities stolen. This is not a far-away problem only perpetrated by rapists in Manhattan penthouses or pimps in dingy motel rooms. Child sexual exploitation is a problem that is very close to our movement and one we at Family Policy Alliance® address on a near daily basis.
It is an essential and necessary part of Family Policy Alliance’s mission to promote and advance policy that will serve families by protecting their vulnerable and priceless members, their children. Certainly, it is the duty of all of society to keep evil at bay.
Here are some examples of how we fight on a daily basis, alongside our state family policy council allies, for the identity, innocence, and innate value of our children.
- Family Policy Alliance knows adult entertainment clubs are an identified route to lure children into sex-trafficking. That’s why we have actively protested (alongside Texas Values, Family Policy Alliance of New Mexico, and many more) adult entertainers emerging from their sordid nightclubs into the libraries and schools of our children. They call it Drag Queen Story Hour— a “reading” session that targets young children and normalizes the sexual fetishizing of their bodies.
- Family Policy Alliance knows sexual predators attempt to gain the trust of children. This virtually always involves isolating them from their parents physically, emotionally, and psychologically. We know parents are in the best position to protect their children. That’s why it’s a major red flag when radical activists continually seek to push policies and laws that eliminate a parent’s ability to safeguard their children in education, medical care, and mental health services. This is why many of our state allies like Louisiana Family Forum, The Family Foundation (KY), and the Christian Civil League of Maine, have worked tirelessly to protect the decision-making rights of parents when it comes to keeping their children safe. Parents must be allowed to say no to explicit and graphic sexual content in the classroom; no to surgeries and drugs that purport to change the gender of their children; and no to mental health services that push a political gender narrative.
- Family Policy Alliance knows a child can’t consent to sex. If our children are having sex with an adult, that’s rape; “not childhood exploration”. This is why we stand with our allies like Colorado Family Action, California Family Council, and the Family Policy Institute of Washington, against organizations like Planned Parenthood and Advocates for Youth who push comprehensive sex ed curriculums that teach children they have the right to sex, with whoever they want, “no matter what age.” Parents have the right to set sexual boundaries for their children.
As the next legislative session approaches quickly, be assured Family Policy Alliance is building strategy, policies, and parent guide documents to address and expose the deceitful promises and false-identity agenda that is showing up in many areas that directly impact our children.
Parents are the gatekeepers of our children’s morality, education, identity, and ultimately their hearts. We are doing everything we can to keep it that way!
If you want to know more about our work, please visit familypolicyalliance.com!
For the children,
You may have read our recent report about the latest effort to normalize sexual brokenness and push it on our kids. It’s called Drag Queen Story Hour, and if it hasn’t come to your community – maybe even your library – keep an eye out for it.
But what actually happens at one of these surreal events? Family Policy Alliance recently went to one to find out.
This event was at a library, though the library – in response to heavy public criticism and media coverage – took great pains to say that it was not sponsoring the event. So who was the sponsor? A local gay nightclub that also includes a gay bathhouse – a business where men have sex with other men. Not exactly the kind of folks that one would expect a library to facilitate interaction with children, especially in the #MeToo age.
Notably, the library also allowed the event – titled Drag Queen Story Time in this location – to be scheduled shortly after the library’s “Story Time”, presumably to attract more kids.
What the kids got was in large part political parody, followed by recruitment to kids’ drag queen competitions and an opportunity for all of the kids to get personal photos with the drag queens.
The story was A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo, a parody of a book about a rabbit by Mike Pence’s daughter. In this version, two male bunnies want to get married, and Vice President Mike Pence is the villain – a stink bug who tries to stop them.
After introducing various drag queens who hold various “titles” from drag queen competitions, the lead drag queen invited kids ages 10 or older to compete for drag queen titles of their own. “So,” he said, “if you have kids who think this is great, or if they want to explore into other things, there are outlets for that.” The drag queen then detailed the titles and opportunities.
Events similar to this are happening with increasing frequency around the country. What can you do?
- Send a message to the American Library Association, urging them to stop their active support of Drag Queen Story Hours. Your state legislators will also be copied so that they are aware and can take appropriate action. It only takes seconds to send the pre-drafted message on our Action Center.
- Talk (respectfully) to your local library officials and urge them to resist the push to bring these events to your community. Remind them that drag queens are strongly associated with adult entertainment and are not appropriate for children.
- Please share this message widely so that libraries and policy makers hear the message loud and strong!
Thank you for speaking up for our kids!
The Family Policy Alliance Team
The Pikes Peak Library District is using your tax dollars to host a local Drag Queen Story Time for El Paso County children. It happens on Saturday, Sept. 1.
Drag Queen Story Times are being pushed by national transgender activist organizations and by the American Library Association. For more information, see our recent story. Yet many libraries have been resistant – as they should – to hosting such programs for children. That’s why it’s especially concerning that the Pikes Peak Library District would host a program intended to push this agenda on kids in our community.
Family Policy Alliance and our close ally, Colorado Family Action, are asking concerned El Paso County citizens and taxpayers to speak up and help stop it.
Because the PPLD Trustees are appointed by a joint committee of the Board of El Paso County Commissioners and the Colorado Springs City Council, your message will go to all members of the Commission and the City Council.
Sending that message to all of these leaders can be done in just moments on our Action Center. Please speak up today – and please also let others in El Paso County know about it.
Thanks for making your voice heard!
The Family Policy Alliance Team