We are living in an intense time in human history.
The images out of the brutal attack on Israelis have forever been etched in the minds of all Americans who have been watching.
Many of you joined our prayer call with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, author Joel C. Rosenburg and Pastor Greg Laurie a week ago as we unpacked ways to pray for Israel and for “the peace of Jerusalem.”
Now, we must speak up and encourage our federal elected officials to continue to stand with Israel.
Please take a moment to send a quick email to your members of Congress, asking them not to give up in their defense of Israel and its right to exist.
It is astonishing today that some, like college students at liberal universities, are shouting support not for the innocent but for the terrorists who perpetrated these evil acts. This runs contrary to our basic human principles of protecting the innocent.
Ask Congress to shout louder in support of Israel and continue to fight terrorists like Hamas.
In late 2020, we launched Under God, One Nation to engage Christians in prayer regarding timely issues that were affecting our nation. That prayer initiative has continued over the years since then.
Submitted below for your prayer time (and also for sharing with your church or Sunday School) is our current list of prayer topics.
- Pray for strength, healing and protection from further attack for Israelis and for Jewish people here in the States.
- Pray for healing for grieving families – that they would experience the love and hope found in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for Christian believers who are serving and living in Israel – that they would provide the encouragement of Jesus on the ground.
- Pray for strong leaders at home and abroad to understand the threats Israel is facing and how we can help – pray especially for unity in support for the Jewish people.
- Pray for moral clarity among government leaders and the media, that they would not blame Hamas’s terrorist attacks on Israel.
In case you missed it: last week we hosted a prayer and update call on Israel with author Joel C. Rosenberg, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, and Pastor Greg Laurie. You can still watch that here!
US House of Representatives Speaker Race
- Pray for the members of Congress to make wise and informed decisions about who will lead the House of Representatives.
- Pray for godly men and women to be attentive to the Holy Spirit in the leaders they select.
- Pray that the next Speaker will have the vision and courage to uphold godly values.
- Pray that pro-life policies and laws will prevail in efforts to end abortion across the nation.
- Pray for people standing up for life in states where leaders are seeking to expand access to abortion.
- Pray for those who are being persecuted on account of their pro-life work.
- Pray for continued progress in protecting children from transgender medical procedures across the nation – and praise God that our movement has already made significant progress.
- Pray for bold leaders to tell the truth about transgenderism and its shameless targeting of children.
- Pray for children who are being captivated by this dangerous and harmful movement, that they would be protected and that those who have gone through irreversible procedures would find hope and healing.
- Finally, pray that our leaders at all levels of government would stand strong for biblical principles as pressure mounts for them to compromise.
To learn more about the things that Family Policy Alliance has been praying about over these past few years, please visit Under God, One Nation. There, you can sign up to get these prayer alerts more frequently and also join our prayer initiative by signing up to pray for our nation at a designated time of day.
As you know, this weekend, the nation of Israel was suddenly and viciously attacked by Palestinian terrorists. While many Jews were celebrating their holy days, terrorists infiltrated the country at numerous places and began killing and kidnapping Israelis indiscriminately.
As a former U.S. Army officer, I know: these are days you train for and then pray never come. But the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) have mobilized quickly and are valiantly fighting to push the terrorists back at every point. However, many Israelis and foreign allies in-country remain sheltered in place, anxious moment-to-moment for their safety and how they will escape this tragic conflict. Today we went LIVE with one Christian who is currently in Israel – you can watch our interview with him on Facebook, X, YouTube, our website, or SoConReport.
As you listen, we invite you to join us in the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father, we pray first and foremost for your peace to cover the land of Israel, the Holy Land. We pray for Israel’s political and military leaders, that you give them wisdom and courage to act decisively and courageously. We pray for confusion and disagreement to reign among the terrorists and those supporting them; may they turn against each other as Israel’s enemies did numerous times in Scripture. We pray for unity amongst the people of Israel, and that the gospel would break powerfully into Israeli and Palestinian hearts alike. You have used dark times to shine the light of your truth in even the most unexpected places throughout history, and we pray you would do so again. Finally, we pray that you would be defender of the innocent, as you always have been. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
“May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels.”
For the sake of my family and friends,
I will say, “Peace be within you.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek your prosperity. — Psalm 122:6-9
Thank you for your prayers and compassion for the people caught in this horrible conflict, and those fighting nobly to end it. May the peace of God cover your hearts as you lift up the Holy Land and its inhabitants with us.
Joseph Kohm III
Director, Public Policy