During the Obama era, the LGBT agenda advanced quickly, taking on increasingly radical positions. The most radical of all fell at the end of Obama’s term and triggered multiple lawsuits when his administration ordered every public school district to advance transgender ideology (including in locker rooms, on sports teams, and more) or risk losing all their federal funding. Since then, the Trump Administration thankfully recognized the need to restore common sense, correct interpretation of federal laws, religious freedom, and parental rights.
YOU have been a part of this progress. In many of the policy changes highlighted below, Family Policy Alliance has provided an opportunity for you to reach out to the administration to voice your concerns. In fact, 66,671 messages have been sent by you to the Trump administration on one or more of these important matters.
- Just weeks after assuming office, the Trump administration scrapped Obama’s transgender mandate on public schools.
- President Trump’s Department of Defense ended a controversial policy on transgender service in the military, giving a big boost to military readiness and to taxpayers.
- Prisoners, particularly females, were also helped when the Trump Administration removed yet another Obama-era policy requiring prisons to house prisoners based on their gender identity. This policy allowed male convicts who identified as female to be housed in women’s prisons, contributing to safety, privacy, religious and other concerns.
- Some of the biggest changes have happened in the Department of Health and Human Services, an enormous agency with policy arms that reach almost every aspect of life. This Trump department established a special office to protect religious freedom across the entire agency, as well as issued new protections for healthcare professionals so they will not be required to perform transgender-related services.
- Trump’s Department of Labor is proposing a rule change that gives religious employers more freedom in hiring and firing
- Finally, the Department of Housing and Urban Development is also working on changes that would remove yet more Obama-era regulations mandating that battered women’s shelters house men who believe they are women. Regulations like these endanger the safety of women who have already been victimized and often violate the religious beliefs of the organizations involved in providing battered women’s services.
The Trump Administration’s hard work to restore common sense is possible because of you taking time to voice your beliefs and concerns. Thank you so much! These changes are protecting children, women, families, and the rule of law across the country.
However, it is important to note that there are about 20 Democratic candidates vying to replace President Trump in 2020. Nine of those candidates will be present this Thursday night for a CNN-hosted Town Hall called “Power of Pride.” This set of televised meetings will center entirely around the LGBT agenda—and how these candidates each want to erase the progress that has been made in restoring common sense and religious freedom over the past three years. This is the first time in history such a presidential event has taken place centering on just this one issue – it is indicative of just how radical the LGBT movement has become in our country.
We will bring you an update of their most outlandish positions on Friday, following the CNN Town Hall. You can bet the candidates will be targeting these notable accomplishments of the Trump Administration…and more!
Thank you for standing with us nearly 67,000 times in asking the Trump Administration to restore common sense, family values, and religious freedom! And, be sure to check out our Friday report-back to you on the Democratic presidential candidate Town Hall on LGBT issues!
P.S. As the Democratic candidates for president gear up to prove who’s most radical on LGBT issues, especially transgender ideology, take a moment to download our FREE Parent Resource Guide on the Transgender Trend with everything you need to know about understanding transgenderism, advocating for common sense policies for your child, and acting with compassion toward everyone involved in the conversation!
The Republican National Convention kicked off in Cleveland this week. It’s been unusual, to say the least, but what does it mean for voters of faith?
Paul Weber of Family Policy Alliance talks about everything from the party platform to the top candidate and how we can get informed for the general election.