Now that I’m a dad, my children’s birthdays have replaced my own as the most significant markers of the passage of time.
With my oldest son, Peyton (see him above), set to turn 3 this weekend, I am reminded of how quickly the days pass by and how urgent every moment is.
That’s why, as I look around the state for candidates for office, I’m not looking for those who simply speak fluent “political-ese.” I’m looking for leaders who will be bold.
You see, there are an abundance of candidates and officials who will say that they are “pro-life,” that they “share our values,” that they are a “true conservative.” But how many of them will take bold, politically consequential stands? How many of them are willing to take arrows, challenge the status quo, walk through the fire, plant the flag in the ground, and be a leader of action?
With my sons growing up at a rate that is making their father weep, I cannot afford to help politicians who will simply slow or manage cultural decline. We need warriors!
That’s why, as I meet with candidates, I’m very clear:
- Will you LEAD on the religious freedom issue?
- Will you go beyond the more politically palatable protections for pastors and also make sure that our laws protect the Christian business owner, teacher, and witness?
- Will you protect young women whose bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports teams are being violated by boys who choose to “identify” as girls?
- Will you be a forceful advocate for school choice, returning power to the parents, and opportunity to our students?
- Will you live every day in office with the awareness that the preborn are being murdered, and, knowing that truth, will you make it your mission to protect them?
My friends, we cannot afford “box checkers.” We need leaders!
Family Policy Alliance of Georgia is at the forefront in identifying, recruiting, training, equipping, and electing BOLD pro-family leaders. We are engaged in elections now and preparing for 2018 as well.
We’re also actively involved in recruiting Georgia elected officials to take part in the 2017 Statesmen Academy. The program educates politicians in the practice of effective politics to carry on the fight for godly values — something our state and nation desperately needs.
Now is the time for urgency, for electing those who will shake up the status quo, and making sure our children and grandchildren can live in a Georgia where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive, and life is cherished.
In His service,
When you partner with Family Policy Alliance of Georgia, you make a difference in the effort to save family values for future generations. Thank you for being part of the team!