- 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives
- 35 members of the Idaho Senate
- 439 registered lobbyists in Idaho
How many of these lobbyists are looking out for you? For your church? For your family? Your free exercise of religion?
Make no mistake – the Left has an abundance of voices at the Statehouse.
- The ACLU has two registered lobbyists and a cadre of trained volunteers that show up at a moment’s notice to speak to legislators or testify in committee meetings.
- Planned Parenthood has three registered lobbyists and a large group of activists who regularly show up to advocate for abortion on demand.
- “Add the Words” (activists for sexual orientation and gender identity) has a loud presence at the Statehouse. They hold daily protests at the Capitol, often use tactics of intimidation and even though they only send two to four people at a time; they lobby elected officials on their issue multiple days each week. None are officially registered lobbyists.
These are just a few… and yes, there are more
You should also know the above groups collaborate in their efforts. Planned Parenthood not only advocates for and educates on abortion on demand; they also advocate for removing any boundaries on sexual expression, including gender identity and sexual orientation. It is not surprising that these groups regularly join forces and attend each other’s rallies, protests, meetings and activities.
This truly is a David and Goliath battle.
Family Policy Alliance of Idaho is the only voice focused on religious freedom, parental rights, and God’s design for family, faith and freedom. We are glad to be one of four voices at the Statehouse speaking out for the sanctity of life.
Our mission is to have an Idaho where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished.
Public policy affects every one of us. When government policies block the freedom to make a living consistent with deeply held beliefs, make it difficult to educate and raise children with biblical values or compel tax dollars to be used for morally objectionable acts such as abortion, we are all affected.
So… Should Christians be involved in politics and policy? The answer is a resounding YES. We are called to be good stewards of the great state and country God has given us. This is our time in history… yours and mine, to speak truth into our culture.
We are up against deep, well-funded, well -organized forces that will stop at nothing to redesign Idaho’s image.
It is a priority for Family Policy Alliance of Idaho to grow our voice at the Statehouse: to ensure there is a strong vibrant voice for truth in the halls of power in Idaho.
We need you to partner with us financially. Together, we will stand for future generations of Idahoans.