I get it… those New Year’s resolutions can be pesky. We do our best after the Christmas feast to lose weight, exercise, eat right, turn off the TV and read more books!
“We’re going to kick the old habits and start anew,” we say. Change doesn’t come easy.
Do you really want to get serious about restoring resolutions? Then, tell someone and give them permission to hold you accountable.
In that spirit, here are Family Policy Alliance’s resolutions for 2020. I ask you to keep us accountable throughout the year!
- Be Christ-centered in all we say and do.
- Identify Christian men and women who are called to serve in the mission field of American politics and commit to serving as Statesmen and Stateswomen—men and women committed to doing the right thing regardless of the personal consequences, knowing that God appoints people to places of authority (Rom. 13:1).
- Train these men and women in our week-long Statesmen training program—a program of our sister organization, Family Policy Foundation®—and throughout their careers in public service as Statesmen Alumni.
- As resources are provided, identify principled conservatives already in office—from school boards to Governors’ houses to Congress—and invest in their elections.
- Be a voice for the Church in our nation’s and states’ capitals. Speak into and equip the church to engage as biblical citizens. Mobilize these informed citizens to make their voices heard on issues that impact them, their families and the body of Christ.
- Serve an effective alliance of Statesmen, pastors, state policy and business leaders and biblical citizens who are all committed to standing firm and taking action (Dan. 11:32b).
- Be good stewards of the sacrificial resources our ministry partners provide, for which we are exceedingly grateful.
Here’s the kicker.
Transformation doesn’t come easy or in just one year. At Family Policy Alliance®, we are committed to these resolutions year over year until our nation is one where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished.
Once accomplished, we resolve to sustain it for all our future families. Thank you for making our work together possible.
Happy New Year to you and your family from all of us at Family Policy Alliance,
President & CEO