Today is Election Day. As fraught and unnerving as this day is and as scary as some of the possibilities are, we rejoice for the opportunity and privilege we have to weigh in and make our voices heard.
And, we rejoice to have what only we as believers have – HOPE no matter the outcome, no matter the result.
I have no idea what will happen today. I have my guesses on the White House and the Senate seats. However, I think many of those races are incredibly close – including the presidency. I am confident that the US House will remain blue, though I do not know how it will turn out for my friend Rich McCormick.
And, where we have even less polling – I remain anxious for our allies running for State Senate and State House, many of whom are dear friends in tight races.
If you have not voted yet, MAKE SURE TO DO SO.
Make sure to share and to make sure your friends, neighbors, church members, co-workers, and family members all turn out to vote – and make sure you do your part to make sure they make well-informed, faith-filled decisions.
Finally, make sure to PRAY! Here are some things I’m praying for:
- I am praying for victory for President Donald Trump.
- I’m also praying for victory for US Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler and our pro-family candidates for Congress.
- For the Georgia General Assembly, Heartbeat Bill Sponsor Ed Setzler and our good friend Johnny Crist are just some of the dozens of allies that are on my mind.
- I’m praying for victory across the country – and a White House and a Senate that can continue to build a judicial system in line with what the Founders intended.
- I’m praying that the steps to protect life, like what we did here in Georgia, will continue to move through the process and be affirmed at the ballot box.
- My prayer is that the Church will be radiant and let its light shine.
- I’m lifting up our nation in prayer – that, no matter the result, healing will come across our land.
- For the Church, my prayer is that how we respond to the results will glorify God and be an example.
- And, understanding that – even with the best results and all-the-more-so with the worst – the work will not be done after this Election, that the Body of Christ will remain courageous and steadfast as we continue to work to transform our nation and state for His glory.
I hope you’ll join me in these prayers. I’ll be updating the Family Policy Alliance of Georgia Facebook page as results are tabulated so if you want more prompt updates, feel free to check there as it may be Thursday before we send another email out from Georgia.
President and Executive Director
P.S. The question I’m most often asked is about the Kelly Loeffler v. Doug Collins race. I’m humbly asking you to vote for our endorsed candidate, Senator Kelly Loeffler. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.