Here it is! While the Legislative session has already convened in the virtual world, Next week starts the beginning of the in-person session for 2021. We have been waiting for this moment.
With the opening of legislative deliberation and lawmaking upon us, I thought I would share with you Family Policy Alliance of Wyoming’s priorities for the next month. We will advocate for bills that will:
- Champion the sanctity of human life through pro-life legislation;
- Defend the rights of parents to make medical decisions for their children, especially in instances where a medical doctor attempts to discontinue life-sustaining treatment for a child without the consent of the parents;
- Protect the privacy and rights of girls in the face of the transgender movement, especially in school sports;
- Uphold the integrity of government identification documents by requiring that only a person’s biological sex, and not their subjective gender identity, be printed on driver’s licenses and birth certificates;
- Preserve religious freedom by opposing “Add the Words” and other SOGI (sexual orientation and gender identity) compromises.
Of course, Family Policy Alliance of Wyoming will help you stay updated as specific bills are introduced during the next couple months. And we will ask for your help, too! Biblical citizenship involves you and your friends contacting your representatives and making your voice heard on the legislation being considered.
These are exciting times. Please be praying.
Standing for Truth at the State Capitol,
P.S. With legislative session now underway, please commit yourselves to pray for your state legislators (every state legislative district has two representatives and one senator; you can enter your zip code and/or address to find yours in our Action Center).
Scripture instructs faithful believers that it is their biblical duty to “pray for those in authority” (1 Timothy 2:1-2), knowing that God can guide the hearts of civil rulers (Proverbs 21:1). Ask that He give them an understanding of biblical justice, wisdom to make the appropriate decisions, and courage to stay committed to first principles (Exodus 18:21). And don’t forget to pray for their personal and spiritual wellbeing and for their families, too!
Use our Action Center to send a message to your legislators that you are praying for them. It is an easy way to bless them, and it only takes a minute!