Senator Chuck Schumer is determined to have another vote to advance a federal election overhaul bill. This time, it’s S. 2747.
S. 2747 is ANOTHER bill from liberal forces in Congress that could damage the integrity of our elections. Here are four reasons S. 2747 must be stopped:
- S. 2747 undermines state voter ID laws.
- S. 2747 requires political nonprofits to disclose donors.
- S. 2747 mandates same-day voter registration.
- S. 2747 allows candidate campaigns to be funded by states that opt-in.
The Senate plans to vote on advancing S. 2747, and potentially other federal election overhaul bills, TODAY. You can help stop this dangerous federal election takeover by telling your senators to VOTE NO on S. 2747!
Click here to take action now!
In case you missed it, we want to make sure you know the top two things you can do to make a difference to protect life and liberty!
First, TODAY is the last day to tell HHS to STOP using YOUR taxpayer dollars from funding Planned Parenthood! The Biden-Harris Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has issued a proposed rule that would authorize abortion groups to receive Title X Family Planning funds. The proposal also mandates that grant recipients refer for abortions.
Please click the link and write a comment to the Department of Health and Human Services telling them that you do NOT want to fund Planned Parenthood!
Here are a few points you can pick and choose from in your comment:
- I do not want my taxpayer dollars funding abortion referrals and Planned Parenthood’s bottom line.
- HHS must remove the abortion referral requirement because it is prohibited by statute.*
- No federal grant recipients should be forced to violate their conscience by referring abortions.
- HHS should include adoption counseling, not abortion counseling, in the Title X program.
- HHS should include adoption referrals, not abortion referrals, in the Title X program.
Second, last week, the Senate Rules and Administration Committee heard S1, the so-called “For the People Act,” (better known as “The Corrupt Politicians Act”). Democrats are doing everything they can to get this bill on the Senate floor as soon as possible. Please take a minute today to urge your senators to vote NO on S1!
- S1 Bans State Voter ID Laws
S1 bans state voter ID laws and allows individuals to vote without an ID. You may need an ID to board any plane, drive a car, purchase a cell phone, buy alcohol, and pick up MLB tickets. But under S1, individuals can vote without an ID to verify their identity.
- S1 Encourages Voter Fraud
S1 prevents officials from verifying voter eligibility and imposes a criminal offense on officials who reject a voter registration application – even if the official believes the individual is ineligible to vote.
- S1 Promotes Double Voting
S1 promotes the sending of absentee ballots without verification and prevents election officials from removing ineligible voters from voter rolls. This allows dangerous double voting scenarios.
- S1 Creates a Partisan Federal Elections Commission
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is currently composed of six commissioners, no more than three of whom may be affiliated with the same political party. S1 reduces the number to five members to create a partisan commission – assigning significant power to the FEC Chair, who is appointed by the President.
You can help protect the foundations of our nation by stopping this dangerous legislation! Click here to urge your senators to stand for election integrity by OPPOSING S1!
Thanks for speaking up (and spreading the word) on these critical matters!
For life and liberty,
* If a program refers a client to abortion, it is in fact a program where abortion is considered a “family planning related service,” (as acknowledged on page 19818 of the proposed rule) and thus specifically is prohibited by statute.
On Friday, Statesman Academy℠ alumnus and Indiana congressman Jim Banks introduced an important election reform bill called the Save Democracy Act. Would you take a moment to ask your member of Congress to support it?
Banks, who is now Chairman of the Republican Study Committee, put forward this bill to address structural issues in American elections that were a cause of great concern even before last fall’s elections. For all elections involving federal candidates, it would require safeguards in the areas of voter registration, casting of ballots, and vote tabulation.
These reforms are needed for two reasons. First, they provide safeguards to election integrity in areas where specific concerns and allegations have arisen. Second, they address a crisis of a lack of voter trust in our election process. In 2020, that broken trust was experienced primarily by Republican voters, but in some prior years, the concerns came mainly from Democrat voters. Restoring trust in elections is critical to our system of government and shouldn’t be a partisan issue.
Specifically, the Save Democracy Act would, in federal elections, institute reforms to make voter registration, voting, and vote tabulation less susceptible. Here are key highlights:
- Prohibits automatic voter registration
- Requires voter citizenship verification
- Prohibits states from sending out unrequested absentee ballots
- Prohibits ballot harvesting
- Requires voter ID for absentee and in-person voting
- Requires that absentee ballots be received by the close of election day
- Strengthens protections for observing both voting and vote tabulation
- Requires that ballot counting, once begun, continue until completed—no delays or pauses
Please ask your member of Congress to sponsor and vote for the Save Democracy Act. It’s quick and easy on our Action Center. And please share this email or the link with others so they can take action as well.
Thanks for upholding election integrity!