United in Prayer– Under God, One Nation – It’s Been a Year of Prayer!
|The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer
of the upright pleases him. Proverbs 15:8
Just over a year ago, we asked you to be in prayer for our nation. You signed up to join us in praying regularly for the nation, and we thank you for being with us in this effort.
It has been a little while since our last update. Even though it has been busy, we know you have been there right along with us faithfully praying for different issues affecting our nation day in and day out. While there are still plenty of challenges facing our nation, we have much to be thankful for!
Here is the latest update in our ongoing prayer initiative Under God, One Nation.
First, the good news! By God’s grace, numerous efforts to advance harmful and dangerous polices in Congress have failed over the past 12 months. Here are just a few of those things:
- The so-called Equality Act has not been enacted into law
- Nancy Pelosi’s Abortion bill has not advanced in the US Senate
- Efforts to radically change election laws have not been successful, to-date
- Efforts to ‘stack’ the Supreme Court have not emerged, to-date
- Massive social policies wrapped into spending bills have not been enacted, to-date
- The filibuster has remained intact in the Senate, serving as a stopgap for many other destructive proposals
While it is good that these efforts have not succeeded, there has been a multitude of efforts by the Left to enact the same or similar initiatives through the Biden Administrative state. For example, the President has used executive orders to enact certain parts of the Equality Act for a number of functions in the government. He has also reestablished full funding for Planned Parenthood that was halted in a previous administration. These are deeply troubling developments for our nation which require continued prayer.
In what has been perhaps the most notable good news, the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld one major abortion law in Texas, and the Court has also heard arguments in a recent case directly challenging Roe v. Wade – the first to do so in many years.
We praise God for His great forbearance, the advancement of His truth and His attention to every single prayer for our nation!
At the same time, as we are now in the 2nd year of the Biden administration, we want to renew our calls for prayer over all that faces our nation.
Here are some of the most prominent issues we see now and into the next few months of 2022:
- Roe v. Wade is finally under scrutiny at the U.S. Supreme Court with the Dobbs case, with a decision expected by the end of June. Be in prayer for our justices and their deliberations, and for a decision that would ultimately protect life and nullify Roe altogether.
- The midterm elections are this year, with primary elections in just a few months and the general election in November. Pray that godly men and women would be elected, and that there would be election integrity and peace in the process.
- Many state legislatures are meeting now (or will be soon). Pray for godly discernment and wisdom for legislators in your state. Many will be facing issues dealing with abortion, educational freedom, LGBT policies and religious liberty.
- Proposals to protect girls’ sports and to shield minors from gender transition procedures will be key in a number of states. Pray for efforts to push back on radical gender agendas.
- Lastly, thank the Lord for the continued grace and mercy He pours out on our nation!
Thank you for being part of our Under God, One Nation prayer initiative! We know that prayer for our nation and our lawmakers is foundational to the process of seeking His favor and blessing for our nation.
Director of Audience Engagement
P.S. – You can always visit the Under God, One Nation webpage to see past updates. Please also share the page with family, friends and your Bible study or Sunday school class so they too can sign up for a prayer time and receive these updates.