Just a little while ago, the U.S. House voted 224-206 to pass H.R. 5, the deceptively named bill that is actually the biggest current threat to freedom and the sanctity of life.
In some ways, this is where the battle really begins.
It was always a longshot to stop the so-called “Equality Act” in Nancy Pelosi’s House, yet it was critical that you and I engage there. And together, we sent a reverberating “shot across the bow” of politicians in both parties who would cater to this dangerous agenda.
- Thousands upon thousands of you sent messages to your representative. The sheer volume of opposition got the serious attention of Congress. You even helped us change the vote of two Republicans who voted FOR it last year but AGAINST it today – after we rallied the people in their districts to speak up!
- You also helped Members of Congress shape the debate and expose what is at stake in the bill! In particular, your support and action on saving girls’ sports over the past year made that an important part of today’s debate.
- Your support helped us put together an online rally that, in just days, gathered thousands of live viewers – and brought together a Who’s Who in a diverse coalition working to stop this. In fact, it grew so big so quickly that members of Congress came to us asking to participate, even up to the night before.
- And together, the rally and our Promise to America’s Children – a policy and parental statement designed to push back on the Equality Act – have reached tens of thousands of Americans (at least) in just the last week!
All of this gives great momentum as this battle now shifts to the U.S. Senate. After all, this is where the fate of the Equality Act will be decided, as President Biden has already declared that passing it is his #1 priority.
Will you help us ramp up even more to defeat this scheme in the Senate? Your gift of support is needed – not just for general pressure on the Senate – but specifically to reach and mobilize citizens in the states of certain senators who could decide the outcome. It worked in the House. Now it’s urgently needed in the Senate!
So much is on the line, it’s hard to overstate:
- The sanctity of life, as H.R. 5 could undercut abortion restrictions nationwide
- Religious freedom of individuals, churches, Christian schools and colleges, etc.
- The well-being of children who are in the crosshairs of the transgender agenda
- The privacy and safety of women and girls – and the relevance of girls’ sports
- Stopping the silencing of anyone who disagrees with the bill’s agenda
Thank you for helping us build momentum against the Equality Act to this point! We couldn’t have done it without you. And now – as we head into the thick of the battle – we need you more than ever.
As God has enabled you, will you join in the action with your gift today?
President and CEO
P.S. Today’s outcome in the House was virtually certain, but the battle to stop the dangerous Equality Act could go either way in the Senate. Your gift will help build the public momentum against it and mobilize citizens in the states with swing-vote senators. Thank you for your gift to make it possible!