While families across the nation are dealing with economic hardship and other real problems ahead of the holidays, Nancy Pelosi and the lame duck Congress are instead focusing on the advancement of radical ideas across the board – Congress needs to hear your voice now.
Even though she is on the way out as Speaker, Nancy Pelosi’s House has is in session and she plans to force a vote, yet again, on the same-sex marriage bill this week.
If passed by Pelosi in the House, the same-sex marriage bill will be on its way to President Biden for his signature thsi week.
In its current form, the legislation will have many, if not all, of these consequences:
- Further implicates federal law in a false definition of marriage, potentially including in ANY marriage.
- Threaten religious individuals and organizations with harassing and costly lawsuits.
- Open the door for the federal government to force everyone, including religious organizations, to affirm same-sex marriage and more.
- Shut down faith-based adoption and foster-care agencies, which would be a devastating blow to the many children already in need of placement in forever homes.
- Silencing—or even potentially punishing—Americans who believe marriage is the union of one man and one woman by labeling that belief as “discrimination” on the same unacceptable level as racist views.
As this lame duck session of Congress moves ahead, your representative desperately needs to hear from you, urging him or her to oppose the bill—and calling on them to tell Nancy Pelosi to stop this harmful bill from being a top priority.